BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Executive Manager, Control
BNY Mellon seeks to establish a central resiliency and incident management function and leadership for Investment Services to accomplish two things:
- To guide resiliency strategy development and goal-setting, and oversee implementation of measures to ensure BNYM operates at a level of resiliency necessary to maintain service excellence and reliability across Client Service Delivery (CSD) and Investment Services (IS), and
- To establish the standard of practice for managing all incidents, and to lead incident management for high-impact and/or cross-business incidents severe enough to cause significant business impact or interruption.
As the Director of this new Enterprise Resiliency and Incident Management function, incumbent will be responsible for setting strategy, coordinating all aspects of enterprise resiliency, and helping the organization stay accountable for closing operational resiliency gaps. Focus is on long-term strategic activities with high impact to the organization. Leads resiliency meetings and forums for senior leadership participation and serves as the face of the centralized Enterprise Resiliency function.
Additional responsibilities may include:
-Establishes policies and procedures for the deployment of resiliency activities throughout the businesses; monitors and works to ensure alignment of disparate business, risk and technology decisions with established resiliency goals; ensures functional objectives are aligned to organizational objectives;
- Ensures resiliency standards are globally relevant but responsive/appropriate to local regulatory requirements;
- Ensures principles and methodologies for identifying, analyzing, monitoring and minimizing business risks related to resiliency are adopted by the businesses;
- Establishes the escalation process for resiliency reporting, analysis and testing issues;
- Ensure development of resiliency testing protocols required to ensure policies, procedures, and controls are adequate and effectively implemented to curb risks.
-Builds organizational capacity in the resiliency discipline:
- Manages development and talent management processes for enterprise resiliency managers/executive incident commanders. Coaches and counsels senior managers and manages succession planning for the function,
- Directs the resiliency function and oversees more senior managers and ensures their focus on long-term functional objectives;
- Oversees team to develop and refine process standards, incident management roles and functions, and artifacts/templates for use across the enterprise for incident management,
- Establishes protocol for engaging Third Party Governance leadership when incidents involved vendor-provided services and systems,
- Establishes protocol for alerting central business Crisis Management Team on issues with business impact potential they need to be aware of,
- Ensures that subordinate managers and matrixed managers are equipped to deal with all but the most complex, riskiest, largest-impact incidents,
- Monitors IM performance at the business unit level,
- Sets requirements for incident post-mortems and process for reflecting lessons learned in practice updates;
-Works with ER/IM team to establish, maintain and communicate the protocol for managing complex, high-impact incidents escalated to central Executive Incident Command.
-Ensures Synthesizes and interprets key metrics as reported throughout the function (technology incidents, root cause, business decision-making, technology performance) to develop operating plans and support functional strategy.
-Reviews reports on team metrics results and makes team adjustments as needed to align performance with functional objectives.
Responsibilities During High-Impact Incidents
-Oversees the work of Executive Incident Commanders and monitors incident and crisis management processes for incidents escalated for central Executive Incident Command;
-Ensures appropriate senior leadership engagement and decision-making during the course of an incident, as needed.
May have matrixed management responsibility and oversee geographically dispersed teams, adding to the complexity of duties. Responsible for the achievement of goals and objectives. Provides guidance to executive managers. Completion of tasks affects achievement of organizational objectives.
QualificationsBachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required, advanced degree preferred. Certified Information Security Management (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) security certification is preferred. 15 plus years of total work experience with 5-7 years of management experience preferred. Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70315
Organization: CSD Mgt/Proc Eng Admin-HR08071
Requisition Number: 1806524