BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Group Manager, Control
BNY Mellon seeks to establish a central resiliency and incident management function and leadership for Investment Services to accomplish two things:
- To guide resiliency strategy development and goal-setting, and oversee implementation of measures to ensure BNYM operates at a level of resiliency necessary to maintain service excellence and reliability across Client Service Delivery (CSD) and Investment Services (IS), and
- To establish the standard of practice for managing all incidents, and to lead incident management for high-impact and/or cross-business incidents severe enough to cause significant business impact or interruption.
The incumbent will lead the effort to prioritize and drive development of tools that support incident management. They will lead the effort to drive creation of information resources to support diagnostics and impact assessment during an incident. Along with the other Executive Incident Commander they will also work to communicate, train, and support business units on the standard of practice for overall incident management and related business, technology, and communication activities. They will also contribute to continuous process improvement within the function.
During high-impact accidents, the incumbent will be responsible to manage to conclusion assigned incidents that have been escalated and will serve as the Executive Incident Commander following adopted IM protocols as defined by the business. He/she will also be responsible for troubleshooting problems and roadblocks to information access, solution options development, impact assessment, decision making, and communications if they arise.
Other general responsibilities for this role/level may include the following:
- Through subordinate managers, oversees multiple large teams responsible for complex responsibilities in identifying, analyzing, monitoring and minimizing business risks.
- Oversees the development and implementation of control standards in various global locations based on local regulatory requirements.
- Architects training on policies and procedures concerning controls and risk management.
- Monitors results on key risks, errors/near misses, reconciliations and root cause analyses as reported by subordinate managers; analyzes and determines appropriate level management intervention.
- Establishes policies and procedures for the deployment of control activities throughout the businesses and develops the testing protocols required to ensure policies, procedures, and controls are adequate and effectively implemented to curb risks. .
- Works with global operations control office and operational groups to ensure consistent reporting structures are in place in order to coordinate the escalation of issues up to management if required.
- Projects have a strategic focus and involve collaboration with functional leadership.
- Manages analysis and draws conclusions in order to recommend and direct any resulting change needed to mitigate risk.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Directly manages more senior managers and ensures their focus on functional objectives.
QualificationsBachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required, advanced degree preferred. Certified Information Security Management (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) security certification is preferred. 10-15 years of total work experience with 3-5 years of management experience preferred. Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70316
Organization: CSD Mgt/Proc Eng Admin-HR08071
Requisition Number: 1806525