BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Administrative Assistant - 1 year FTC
The assistant to the Managing Director (MD) is principally responsible for the following tasks:
- Organisation of the MD's diary in order to optimise meeting times, leave some space for reflection and non-meeting related tasks and filter out non-essential meeting requests.
- Constant review of email inbox in order to deal with administration around calls, meetings, webex's and other arrangements
- Organise travel and hotel bookings, including local taxis etc (including some travel where foreign visas are required) - special attention to keeping costs to a minimum, as appropriate
- Preparation of travel and expense claims
- Organisation of special events, such as Town Halls or ad hoc staff or clients events as required
- Minute taking for critical governance meetings such as the management meetings
- Acting as the eyes and ears for the MD whilst they are away on business in order to ensure that any escalations or important emails are reacted to in a timely manner.
- Assist with any staff related training set up, organisation of surveys and collation of results, as appropriate
- General administration assistance to other senior managers as required - including visiting senior managers
- Assist with organising appropriate refreshments for specific client or prospect visits
- Some negotiation with hotels etc in relation to obtaining good rates for meeting rooms or visitors to Luxembourg
- Collation and organisation of the Christmas card mailings and other client related invites
- Co-ordination of the MD's external administration and organization concerning Presidency of the American Banks in Luxembourg, which hold monthly meetings with senior guest speakers and the heads of the other American Banks in Luxembourg.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Competent in the use of a variety of computer software and spreadsheets; such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point
- High- level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential issues
- Continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Fluent in English (oral/written).
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Luxembourg-Luxembourg-Luxembourg
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 50136
Organization: AS Invest Mgrs and Banks-HR12466
Requisition Number: 1806544