BNY Mellon Careers
Newton, BI Analyst
Newton Investment Management Limited is a London-based UK asset management subsidiary of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation. With assets under management of £53.8bn (as at 31 December 2017) the company provides a broad range of award-winning investment products and services to pension funds, charities and corporations. Newton has offices in London and New York. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newton.co.uk
The BI Analyst forms part of the Newton BI team and works in close collaboration with business sponsors in addition to the BI team and BI Manager to understand and analyse requirements, ensure alignment with business goals and manage solution delivery. The individual is to help ensure the service is robust, follows agreed technology standards, and has appropriate transparency
The role is an ideal fit for an individual with a strong emphasis on business interaction skills in equal measure to technical skills & knowledge. From a technical perspective the role will need awareness of appropriate data sourcing along with good data presentation & visualisation and exploration providing thoughtful and innovative business intelligence solutions that drive business insight. We are happy for the individual to grow into this role and will invest in their training.The individual is to pursue an active interest in the Investment Management industry and over time gain expertise around Fund Management– the team delivers BI for all departments within Newton, so plenty of opportunities to learn our business.
- Gaining subject matter expertise of relevant business areas to which solutions are being delivered over a period of time.
- Proactively managing relationships with business stakeholders to ensure relevancy and timeliness of delivery to business goals
- Working with the Business Intelligence Manager and collaborate with members of BI team.
- Guiding and advising the business towards BI self-service where appropriate to maximize efficiency while mindful of associated risks and best practices
- Contributing to defining the BI roadmap for Newton and strategic vision both in terms of services and extension to BI applications
- Keeping track of industry data science and business intelligence innovation and contributing to where it can be applied to Newton
- Participating in an agile scrum process and collaborate with multiple teams within Technology and the broader organization
- Participating in peer reviews of BI solutions built by team members.
- Working with Project Managers and Business Analysts to agree development estimates and timescales. Communicating status to PMs and/or Business Intelligence Manager as required
- Designing and delivering end-user training and training materials; providing technical support as necessary
- Ensuring BI content releases between environments adhere to Newton standards and practices
- Ensuring high levels of BI availability and quality through support handover and in-depth testing. Also, ensuring that potential opportunities, risks and issues are identified and, if necessary, escalated in a timely manner.
- Working with business and technical teams to reduce complexity where possible and recommend alternative approaches where appropriate
- Strong & demonstrable verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in general.
- Team player with collaborative approach
- Experience with SQL and level of exposure to Business Intelligence Reporting tools.
- Exposure to Database design & data modelling skills, PL/SQL coding, Oracle
- Exposure to BI solutions like SAP Business Objects and Tableau
- Exposure to enterprise tools such as MarkitEDM
- Appreciation of UX techniques to optimise how requirements can be gathered & understood and how data can be visualised to achieve business goals
- Appreciation of enterprise data management practices such as data governance, data quality measurement, reference data management, metadata management etc.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51575
Requisition Number: 1806590