BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Capital Adequacy
BNY Mellon Science represents the strategic centre of excellence for quantitative and analytical work focused on risk mitigation across BNY Mellon globally, delivering valuable insight and risk quantification across the firm. BNY Mellon Science has grown rapidly and today represents a highly motivated and engaged team of skilled professionals with expertise in financial industry practices and regulation demanding deep quantitative talent. The team works closely with colleagues across BNY Mellon to support the firm’s Capital Adequacy, Market Risk and Enterprise Risk modelling and data analytics; alongside quantitative support for the annual Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) Stress Test. The resources within BNY Mellon Science are working towards supporting other innovative quantitative and analytical solutions for the wider firm as a part of their strategic objectives for 2018 and into the future.
Overview Of BNY Mellon
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Team Description: (Overview of the team)
This is a key role supporting the delivery of the Firm-wide Stress Tests , the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process, and the RRP (Recovery and Resolution plan) capital stress testing assessments for the legal entities of BNY Mellon in the United Kingdom and Ireland. The role will have exposure to the wide range of Business Lines and support multiple projects improving the Economic Capital Analysis and the Capital planning processes.
Job Purpose: (What the job role involves)
The purpose of the team is to assess/analyse the level of capital required to offset the material risk exposures in a business as usual environment and stressed conditions and provide recommendations to the business.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
The successful candidate will support the delivery of the ICAAP document, elements of the RRP, and contribute to the performance of stress testing including regulatory stress testing. This role can expect a significant exposure to risk and business leaders within the organisation.
Deliver firm economic capital assessments, including:
- Analyse/assess the broad range of risks faced by the legal entity and incorporate these into the capital assessments (base case and stressed).
- Assess vendor provided macro-economic stress scenarios, and propose possible scenarios to the Capital and Stress Testing Committees.
- Contribute to the performance of internal and regulatory stress tests
- Perform on-going monitoring, review, assessment of regulatory changes that affect the Entity`s ability to undertake stress testing/ICAAPs.
- Enhance the stress testing infrastructure to increase efficiency, control and speed of the stress test process (including propose ways to increase efficiency, and lead in its delivery).
- Participate in projects to further develop the stress test processes including reverse stress testing and leading the improvement of risk models.
- Participate in end to end enterprise wide stress test process to quantify the capital impacts of various stress scenarios, and propose possible management actions to mitigate/reduce impacts (this includes economic downturn and other stress test scenarios).
- Conduct stress test tool development and analysis.
- Reviewing all relevant policies (stress testing, Basel and Capital Adequacy etc.), monitoring any policy gaps and driving initiatives to ensure compliance.
- Resolve economic capital issues and questions generated from Risk, Treasury and Finance (i.e. in relation to capital management/planning).
- Maintain and expand detailed ICAAP/Stress Testing procedural documentation.
- Organise the ICAAP production, contribute to sections of the ICAAP document and support production of other ICAAP sections as required.
- Contribute to sections of the RRP document and support production of other RRP sections as required.
- Analyse economic capital results (includes preparing stress testing documentation, and relevant committee packs).
- Analyse and challenge the Expected Credit Loss under IFRS9, and prepare the committee approval.
- Experience of ICAAP and economic capital stress testing within a regulated institution is a plus.
- Awareness of Economic Capital and Governance Regulatory requirements.
- Experience in economic capital modelling and capital stress testing is a plus. (Understanding of capital assessment and stress testing processes necessary).
- Degree in statistics, business finance, economics, mathematics, or related field.
- Able to work under tight schedules and consistently meet objectives.
- Must be able to effectively communicate complex information and recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences (written and verbal).
- High level of PC literacy, especially in areas of complex data analysis.
- Must have strong Excel skills.
- Proven track record of project delivery with experience to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including oral and written communication skills; strong team player, accountable, good organisation and planning skills and a keen commercial instinct. Strong fluency in English. Highly self-motivated, with an ability to work on own initiative within a challenging/dynamic work environment.
- Ability to interface with various functions in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good knowledge of the financial services industry, related to regulatory capital management regulation and practices.
- Experience in Financial Services in banking (retail/wholesale), capital markets, investment management firms, consulting or at the regulator on prudential matters is a plus.
- Ability to research and interpret internal and external best practice and regulatory requirements, and make enhancements to existing practices.
- Knowledge of risk management methodologies and techniques (in particular credit, market, operational risk).
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85215
Requisition Number: 1806732