BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Video Engineer - Video Streaming Infrastructure Solutions
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
The Senior Video Engineer will work as a member of the Unified Communications Engineering team. The UCE team architects, designs, implements and supports complex video communications platforms to deliver services to BNY Mellon’s 50,000 global employees. Services provided by the UCE team include video conferencing, video streaming, web conferencing and digital signage.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the architecture, design, implementation and support of BNY Mellon's on premise live and on demand video streaming infrastructure.
- Develop streaming solutions that improve reliability, scale, and performance of live streams across the global enterprise.
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert for video streaming.
Principal Network Engineer- Senior Video Engineer >> Leads the research, design, development, and the enterprise-wide integration and implementation of new and emerging technologies. Implements and supports the network (video) infrastructure and systems for large, complex networks. Designs and supports inter-network (video) solutions including the physical and logical configuration documentation and has an in-depth understanding of the entire network topology and architecture. Performs overall network design or support and on-going review of complex network (video) system design. Works with other IT areas to define or support architectural standards. Works and may lead relationships with other IT staff and vendor representatives on strategic projects, installations, moves, changes, troubleshooting, documentation and servicing for intricate issues. Stays informed of current industry trends and emerging technologies. Evaluates new technology, products, and services for potential and opportunity as future solutions or upgrade/replacement. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience in designing, implementing, and supporting high-traffic networks is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of enterprise video platforms (Qumu, Kaltura, Kollective, VBrick).
- Expert knowledge of CDN for video streaming (unicast, multicast, peer to peer).
- Expert knowledge of streaming protocols (RTMP, RTSP, RTP, HLS).
- Expert knowledge of encoding protocols (AAC, H.264, H.265).
- In depth understanding of network technologies and protocols (DHCP, LAN/WAN, QoS, multicast, firewalls, security, certificates, and encryption) in order to work with network and/or systems and/or security resources on installing and troubleshooting systems.
- In depth understanding of real time communications protocols (SIP, H.323).
- Solid experience with packet tracing/sniffing tools.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Woodland Park
Internal Jobcode: 45197
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1806794