BNY Mellon Careers
Intermediate Representative,Trustee & Depositary
Bank of New York Mellon Luxembourg provides depositary services for collective investment schemes, mainly Luxembourg-registered funds. The Bank fulfils an oversight role for its client funds under the regulations published by the CSSF. This oversight involves the safe-keeping of the assets, monitoring the activities of the funds to ensure they comply with applicable regulations, particularly in the areas like custody and asset verification, calculation of the NAV and asset valuation and transfer agency activity and issuing of shares/units to investors.
The Depository Bank Administrator will be in charge of reviewing, and carrying out the day-to-day activities of the Depositary oversight function for specific clients. This includes monitoring of the activities of these fund clients such as Custody, Fund Accounting and Transfer Agency.
- Daily, weekly and monthly monitoring of fund portfolios to ensure that funds are in compliance with regulatory documentation guidelines, in accordance with Law, Circulars and Guidelines
- Identifying out of tolerance results
- Working with other teams and clients to investigate and resolve breaks
- Develop and maintain a knowledge of applicable laws, regulations etc. in respect to depository responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly statistics
- Support Manager as required in preparing documentation for client meetings and Board of Directors meetings as required
- Work with Clients, service providers, counterparties and Auditors as required.
- Work with our colleagues, including those in other locations, to ensure reports are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Support the implementation of new business or products
- Proactive participation in team meeting
- Identify and implement Client specific value added controls
- University degree. Preferably Business administration, Law, or similar subject.
- Any additional specific qualifications in financial markets will be a plus. (Masters, Diploma, etc)
- No experience required but an experience up to 2 years in a fund accounting role will be an advantage
- Attention to detail, motivation and willing to learn and make a career in financial services
- English (mandatory), French and any additional (European) languages would be considered as an advantage
- Basic knowledge of laws and regulations and of the custody and accounting principles applicable to the fund business
- Strong analytical, communication and organization skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Luxembourg-Luxembourg-Luxembourg
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70674
Organization: ASSET SERVICING EMEA-HR06400
Requisition Number: 1806849