BNY Mellon Careers
Head of Compliance – Pershing Australia
Pershing Australia is a provider of execution, clearing and settlement services for equities and exchange-traded options to ASX Participants and other AFSL holders. We are looking for a Head of Compliance, based in Sydney. Key responsibilities include:
• Provide advisory Compliance support to all teams within Pershing Australia, across all regulatory aspects – exchange and ASIC rules, AML/CTF, Corporations Act requirements
• Liaise with regulators in relation to routine and non-routine enquiries and to provide notifications, as required
• Liaise with management, both on and offshore, to provide updates both on Pershing Australia’s regulatory position and on industry updates/incoming obligations
• Liaise with teams in global Pershing and BNY Mellon Compliance to ensure that all group-wide obligations and requirements are met
• Provide training on regulatory and policy requirements, as appropriate
• Carry out monitoring and surveillance activities, both in relation to trade execution and for AML/CTF purposes
• Ensure Pershing Australia’s compliance with local licensing requirements; and
• Keep abreast of the regulatory developments, interpret and provide advice on policies, regulatory requirements and impact, and control related processes.
Candidates should have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in financial markets Compliance, and experience in equities and exchange-traded options in a retail broking context is preferred. Accredited Derivatives Adviser qualifications would be highly desirable.
Candidates should also have a thorough understanding of Enterprise Compliance Risk Management and best practices; excellent problem solving, analytical ability, oral and written communication skills; the ability to resolve stressful situations with internal clients and regulators in a professional manner; an ability to effectively interact with senior/executive management and regulators; and strong interpersonal and influencing skills to achieve positive outcomes with constituencies over whom the incumbent has no direct authority.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Australia-New South Wales-Sydney
Internal Jobcode: 23600
Requisition Number: 1806917