BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Analyst, Reg Analysis & Reporting
The team GSSD Frankfurt Ops Support and Regulatory Reporting performs various regulatory reportings like AWV reporting, Securities Holdings Statistics and Payment Statistics to Deutsche Bundesbank, DGSD reporting (for SA/NV Frankfurt and Frankfurt Branch), §24c KWG reporting to BaFin (Kontenevidenzzentrale via Bank-Verlag), Three Point Declaration, Trustee Approval and German Annual Securities Statement.
The Lead Analyst is responsible to initiate, participate, prepare and perform ad hoc investigations and projects related to regulatory reporting, manage specific reportings and support the team manager in overseeing the day to day activities of the team and in delivering key initiatives, projects and business changes to meet standards set as first line of defense.
- Implements and reviews the policies, procedures and controls that maintain the accuracy of data being reported.
- Implements plans and programs that help automate the regulatory reporting process and limitation of control gaps.
- Examines reports for accuracy, consistency and compliance against regulatory mandates.
- Understands the processes and products within the relevant systems from which regulatory reports are created and provided.
- Begins to lead projects in support of new or evolving processes / products which may affect regulatory reports.
- Contributes to the development of validation processes for data, including assessment and monitoring of data quality issues.
- Executes validation processes, especially for DGSD reporting and yearly Payment Statistics.
- Participates in and oversees data cleansing/remediation activities.
- Prepares reports for local branch management; reviews accuracy of reports and calculations performed by more junior team members.
- Prepares ad-hoc reports and delivers results to management and/or other leaders.
- Accountable for the attestation process of DGSD reporting and yearly Payment Statistics.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to remove barriers to successful regulatory reporting implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 3-5 years of working experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint)
- Must have a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and be organized
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Germany-Hessen-Frankfurt
Internal Jobcode: 70392
Organization: Securities Service Delivery-HR06423
Requisition Number: 1806945