BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Mgr,Appl Development
The Client Technology Solutions department support Pershing in delivering new and innovative solutions to clients as well as maintaining existing solutions. The department uses a mix of technology that includes Microsoft .NET, Java, and Unisys Mainframe components and use both Waterfall and Agile SCRUM methodologies. The components are engineered to be highly available and scalable.
MAIN DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
Responsible for the development and maintenance of the core platforms used to by the department to deliver projects. The role will require you deliver any assigned requirements, managing other team members that have been assigned to deliver these requirements.
Main role responsibilities
• Ensure core frameworks are up to date and use best of breed industry standards where appropriate.
• Own the test environment strategy ensuring the number of environments and setup process is automated and supports the development team requirements
• Development tooling
• Platform migrations (eg. OS, language, database, messaging, compilers, source control)
• Contribute to, and deliver on, the technical roadmap for the department and improving the quality of delivery through the SDLC.
• Manage project work across the team and provide career development and mentoring to the team.
Communication / Organisational Skills
• A strong confident communication who can interact constructively with users (end clients or product team), across architecture, project, QA, production support teams.
• Experience managing and working with remote team members in a staff extension model. Other Technology teams are in London, Chennai, Manchester, Liverpool and Pune.
• Ability to manage risk and escalate to senior technology leadership.
• Encourages and demonstrates a culture of customer service and co-operation.
• Proactive in addressing issues, both technical and business related and communicating them.
• Motivates and encourage others in improving knowledge and achieving best solutions.
• Ensures that resources (staff, hardware, software etc) are effectively utilised and productive.
• Able to work outside of normal business hours as required resolving problems and ensuring deadlines are met.
• Run small to medium projects directly and provide oversight to others to run projects from initiation, planning, execution and release.
• Experience of the full development lifecycle (including both Agile and Waterfall)
• Leading application re-platforming projects
• Senior technical expert for .Net development
• Contribute to and deliver on the technical roadmap for the department.
• Driving improvements to the department with particular emphasis on changes that improve code quality and increase automation
• Review new development tooling and support the existing development tooling
• Troubleshoot complex production issues
• Experience of industry standard frameworks (ORM’s, IoC’s, mocking frameworks, WCF)
• Hands-on experience of .Net design and development
• Agile experience (SCRUM)
• Understanding and experience of engineering practices such as unit testing, continuous integration, automated testing, appropriate documentation, TDD, BDD, etc.
• Object Oriented design principles
• Externally facing web service development
• Experience of mainframe systems (Unisys, IBM, etc)
• Experience of hands-on Java development
• Experience of re-platforming applications
• Experience of managing Team Foundation server
• Knowledge of TCP / IP networking and analysis of network traffic
• Financial Sector knowledge preferred but not essential
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60276
Requisition Number: 1807008