BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Representative, Accounting
Position Summary: Describe below the primary purpose and function of this job
The Senior Representative, Accounting is responsible for Month end close activities and preparing General Ledger Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations (Critical) and Recons review role.
- 4 to 8 year experience in Record to Report (R2R)
- Qualification - B.Com with 4+ years / M.Com/ MBA with 3+ years / CWA-Inter/ CA-Inter with 1+year experience
- Preferable having knowledge on ERP (PeopleSoft/Oracle and SAP) and Blackline reconciliations.
- Good communication skills
- Work independently and under less supervision
- Preparation of process documentations
- Experience in Client handling (preferably Overseas Clients)
- Good knowledge about Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance and Segregation of Duties’ (SOD).
- Good understanding and knowledge on internal controls and audit.
- Must have handled transitions either remote or in person
- Good understanding about some of the critical words used in the industry like Key Performance Indicators (KPI), Service level agreement (SLA), Continuous Process improvement (CPI), preparation of metrics like dashboard, error register and issue log.
- Good understanding of various Sub system modules and how this impacts the General ledger.
- Knowledge in Accrual & Prepaid concept and Golden rules.
- Knowledge and experience in Month end close, provision and reserve, FX calculation and revaluation.
- Prepare/post journal entries for complex or routine business. transactions and inter-company transactions.
- Expertise in Journal entries process for prepaid amortization, accruals.
- Expertise in journal entries Intercompany transaction using with Affiliates.
- Assist with the month end close, quarter-end close and the year-end close activities.
- Goods knowledge and expertise in preparing general ledger balance sheet account reconciliations (Medium and High Complexity) to meet the corporate standard/ GL Reconciliation policy requirements and internal operating procedures.
- Expertise in reviewing General ledger balance sheet account reconciliations (Medium / Complexity) to meet the corporate standard/ GL Reconciliation policy requirements.
- Good Knowledge and hands on experience in Identification of R items (Required Adjustments) and ageing of reconciling & outstanding items.
- Understanding of application of some key GAAPS and the companies’ policies and in case of issues timely escalation to TL.
- Proactively work with the onshore teams for timely clearance, resolution of reconciliation variance & aged outstanding items.
- Ensure that all items of concerns or those past the business standards have been escalated to the management
- Act as an Subject Matter Expert in the assigned area of responsibility within the reconciliation process
- Support Assistant Manager / Team Leader to ensure recons are compliant with applicable Corporate Accounting Policies and GAAP.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: India-Tamil Nadu-Chennai
Internal Jobcode: 85333
Requisition Number: 1807144