BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Analyst, Compliance & Control
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart.
BNY Mellon serves as a U.S. correspondent for many non-U.S. bank clients across the world. As a correspondent bank, we process transactions on behalf of our bank clients’ customers. Our Anti-Money Laundering (AML) program includes compliance to compliance interviews as part our due diligence process for correspondent bank clients. Generally, the C2C team reviews clients’ KYC profiles and other available documents, including AML Policy, Client Risk Rating Assessment Form and Call Report and completed AML & KYC Questionnaire. In scheduling and preparing for such calls, the C2C team collaborates with clients relationship managers (RM) or client executives (CE) for client introductions, setting expectations, arranging for language translation where needed, obtaining insight into the relationship regarding services, products, operations, etc., and ultimately providing the client with the list of discussion topics from the compliance team.
The calls are generally held with the client’s Head of AML or other representative(s) are led by a member of the BNY Mellon C2C team and are typically attended by the RM/CE. A standardized questionnaire is used to guide the conversation, addressing aspects of the client’s AML program, including Structure and staffing, Audits and regulatory examinations, Customer Due Diligence/KYC, Transaction monitoring and other topics or risks specific to the client or the region.
After the calls are completed, the C2C team composes an internal report, containing findings from the call which is shared internally to all interested parties for further discussion and escalation of any issues if identified.
- Under direct supervision, analyzes existing legislation, regulatory announcements and industry practices in order to report on the assigned business' current state of compliance.
- As needed, assists with projects and program tasks intended to improve compliance and enhance the control environment.
- Assists with analyses of control processes to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Begins to build working relationships with business unit managers in order to facilitate the timely delivery of information and increase the likelihood of favorable conditions for compliance activities.
- With direct supervision, assists with the assessments of the effectiveness of controls that help ensure ongoing compliance with key laws, regulations and policies affecting BNY Mellon businesses. May begin to gain experience preparing risk based reviews of existing and emerging regulatory requirements, concerning issues and control gaps. May assist with the preparation of non-complex reporting, as directed. Escalates issues to more experienced professionals.
- Supports management in the day-to-day efforts related to compliance with laws, rules, regulations and related policies.
- The incumbent performs research, analyzes relevant compliance-related information and makes recommendations on necessary procedural/control changes on more complex compliance matters.
- Additionally, is responsible for understanding trends in the industry and making policy recommendations.
- Responsibilities may include verifying practices against policies, preparing of management reports and counseling business personnel on compliance with policies.
- 2-3 years of experience (minimum)
- This position requires knowledge of the Financial Services Industry regulations, compliance, operations or auditing.
- Previous AML experience will be a strong asset
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills, problem solving and project management abilities, and the ability to implement compliance policies and procedures
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85349
Organization: Compliance & Ethics-HR06015
Requisition Number: 1807172