BNY Mellon Careers
Newton Portfolio Management Support
Newton Investment Management is a London-based, global asset management subsidiary of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation. With assets under management of over £50.7bn (as of 31st Dec 2014), Newton provides abroad range of investment products and services to a wide range of worldwide clients, including pension funds, charities and corporations.
The incumbent will organise and administer activities for the Portfolio Managers and the Portfolio Manager Support team.
· Assist in contributing data for the monthly portfolio presentation packs for existing clients and new business opportunities.
· Attend the weekly Emerging Team meeting with the purpose of understanding and recording the main meeting points.
· Attend other ad-hoc and regular meetings with the purpose of understanding and recording the main meeting points.
· Assist in the collating of weekly research notes to enable the production and distribution of a comprehensive research pack.
· Assist in the collating of weekly desk meeting packs, adding requests, gathering and presenting data to facilitate the relevant topic.
· Assist in production of monthly and quarterly client reports, involving stock commentary writing, market report writing, sense checking.
· Back-up for the inputting of model deals into Charles River.
· Fulfil any reports for portfolio managers using all available information systems; Excel, Business Objects, Datastream etc.
· Review, liaise and co-ordinate with the business objects team to fulfil new report requirements.
· Provide regular and timely data to the Portfolio Managers and other areas of the business as appropriate.
· Assist in the monitoring of cash positions and being pro-active to ensure portfolio managers adjust positions accordingly.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to maintain strong relations and communication links with all areas of the business.
· A team player. Co-operative and accommodating whilst maintaining a positive attitude with an open mind to take on a wide variety of roles.
· High attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to maintain strong relations and communication links with all areas of the business.
- A team player. Co-operative and accommodating whilst maintaining a positive attitude with an open mind to take on a wide variety of roles. Must enjoy being helpful.
- High attention to detail
- Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Strong IT skills
- Willingness to learn about and master new IT systems
- Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- A Levels in Mathematics/Science preferred
- Graduate education preferred
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51636
Requisition Number: 1807199