BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Financial Planning & Analysis
Candidate will play a key role in building up supporting Investment Management Finance’s strategic financial planning, forecasting and performance analysis capabilities with a focus on strategic compensation analysis, industry benchmarking, strategic initiatives, corporate restructuring, and data analysis.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management reporting for senior management including the Investment Management CFO and CEO.
- Building financial models for potential strategic initiatives, mergers & acquisitions, and corporate restructuring events.
- Industry benchmarking for both compensation and general asset & wealth management industry trends.
- Leveraging multiple internal and external data sources to build sustainable processes for both analysis and reporting. Proactively identify Management Information improvements and produce persuasive, data-driven arguments to support good decisions. This includes performing comprehensive data analysis, developing insight on important trends and potential risks to IM.
- Liaise with underlying business lines within Investment Management to understand their business drivers and complexities
QualificationsBachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or business or the equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA or CFA preferred. 7-10 years of total work experience preferred in either asset / wealth management, consulting, or business intelligence.
Excellent communication (verbal, written), presentation, and consultative skills. Strong business and strategic perspective/focus are essential. Preferred Experience: Management reporting for C-suite level executives for a large financial services institution. Minimum Language Skills: Strong written and oral communications skills in English.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85069
Requisition Number: 1807290