BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Product Manager - Charles River
It is the goal of the Charles River Center of Excellence (CoE) to provide more efficient and consistent implementations and upgrades of the Charles River Investment Management System (CRIMS) to yield increased reliability, supportability, maintainability, and performance of the system while reducing the cost and time-to-market of the system and its features.
The implementation coordinator in the Charles River Center of Excellence (CoE), will be responsible to implement and manage multiple small and large projects around the Charles River Investment Management System (CRIMS) while coordinating work with various internal and external teams. Additionally, the candidate will work with other teams to ensure continuity of support and contribute to the general offering that the Charles River CoE can provide to its clients.
Candidate should be results-oriented, team player and self-motivator with a strong initiative to deliver.
- Manage/coordinate and implement new instances as well as upgrades to existing instances of the Charles River Investment Management System for various internal Investment Management Companies; this includes working with various remote/global teams
- Manage the migration/installation of Charles River instances to new BNYM infrastructure as part of strategic corporate program. This could also include moving from on premise CRD to CRD SaaS.
- Work directly with the business users to gather, negotiate, develop/understand and document business requirements for implementations, upgrades and enhancements. Requires understanding the business workflows
- Troubleshoot and problem solve to resolve issues reported by the business users and other technology groups
- Bridge the gap between the business and technology to effectively design and customize a system that will meet or exceed the expectations of the business users
- Analyse current business and operational processes and contribute towards process improvements and process re-engineering to further the goal of the CoE
- Design, document, develop and test interfaces to and from the (Charles River) IMS to accounting systems, post trade communications systems, etc.
- Design, document, develop and test other customizations to the system supporting the business workflows
- Work with various technology teams including server support, networking, access control, etc. to ensure all systems remain stable and available
- Produce and maintain support documentation
- As with any development/implementation teams some weekend work required. Some short term travel possible.
- Hands on experience implementing or supporting knowledge of Charles River Investment Management System,
- Extensive experience in a securities related financial industry firm including knowledge of different asset classes
- Strong business analysis, technical and project management skills. Experience in dealing as a client-facing relationship manager is a must
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior managers in technology, vendors as well as the Investment Management companies
- Strong ability as a self-starter who can appropriately prioritize work, manage time and handle multiple priorities
- Quick and eager to continually learn and grow
- Demonstrates good judgment and strong communication skills both face to face and remotely.
- Client focused, detail oriented and results driven
- Ability to work independently and be a team contributor
- Ability to adapt and learn new technical components
- Extensive experience in business analysis, systems analysis and/or technical roles
- Some development experience/understanding is a plus – Java, .NET Unix, shell scripting, Crystal Reports, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, Linux commands, networking,
- Experience in trading systems, FIX and interfaces with accounting and custody systems.
- An understanding of the technical infrastructure that supports the Charles River installations. Includes WAN/Shared server environments , Linux/windows, firewalls, DNS, HA/DR
- Experience troubleshooting time critical applications with global clients
- Challenging, fun and supportive environment
- 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
- Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
- City centre location with links to colleagues worldwide
- Competitive discounts on travel and parking
- Discounts on a range of local retailers
- Opportunity for further academic training – including NVQ, IOC, Degree and soft skills
- Opportunity to join site wide networking groups
- Opportunity to participate in process improvement programmes (Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen); we recognise and reward new ideas
- Variety - Working with different companies within the BNY Mellon group, working with a full spectrum of colleagues including senior management, front office business teams, support, and technical SMEs
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60189
Organization: Asset Mgmt Technology-HR15726
Requisition Number: 1807338