BNY Mellon Careers
Principal, Administration & Planning
Technology Architecture and Data is the central architecture and data services group at BNYMellon. We are currently in the era of Data Disruption. This organization is the technology center – moving our organization from descriptive reporting to prescriptive recommendations to our business areas. Our goal is to tightly link technology and data offerings to the firm’s strategic goals and enable it to deliver customer focused solutions. We are aggressively improving the firm’s architecture and data to ensure that it has consistent standards, deliver cost effectively, and provide a foundation for business growth.
This new organization is building out our business and program management office to ensure that we “run Technology as a business.” This senior Business Management role manages financial oversight and controls, business performance measurement, communication and human capital management. This role is critical for successful execution of Technology Architecture and Data’s strategy.
You will report to the Chief of Staff for Technology Architecture and Data, leveraging your experience and general business knowledge to quickly build strong and credible relationships across various stakeholders. This position will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, and managing business analysis for the group.
Key responsibilities include:
- Relationship manager between Architecture & Data Team and Finance, Human Resources, Technologists, and other Business Management groups.
- Manage business and strategic planning activities. Build relevant business cases linking them to corporate vision. Manage process through to project funding.
- Develop and manage operating reporting including metrics, analysis, and key issues to discuss. Synthesize information to identify relevant insights. Create scorecards where necessary.
- Progress Total Cost of Ownership efforts and related work.
- Provide executive-level communications and team updates. Assist in communications efforts including town halls, newsletters, and gathering top accomplishments for publication.
- Manage staff reporting, forecasting and related analysis.
- Create, implement and enforce business management policies, standards, and processes.
Defines or leads strategic initiatives with major impact on the business or function supported (a unit within a business or business partner). Defines or leads major, highly complex projects related to budget, business plans, risk-related items, regulatory items, communications (presentations/speeches) and , implementation of policies, standards, processes, and/or strategic projects. Analyzes project implementation status and provides feedback to senior managers. Solves complex issues in implementation and leads the processes needed to correct the problems. Leads impactful initiatives within the business or function. Works closely with Senior Management to understand their needs and provides appropriate guidance, direction, and communication. Works with the business or function management team to implement and enforce policies, standards, and processes that require an advanced knowledge of key business or function roles and organizational design. Assists in managing business-led programs such as people-related management, global location strategy, meeting management, etc. Provides input to resource allocation and project staffing. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience is required; MBA is preferred.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience in financial services or business partner function is preferred.
- At least two (2) years of experience in in technology with related management experience.
- At least five (5) years in a project management or applicable business or function and cost-effective budgetary responsibility.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Ability to solve complex issues and lead the team to correct the problems.
- Excellent in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 70703
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Architecture-HR16450
Requisition Number: 1807359