BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist Project/Program Manager (AIS)
The AIS Technology PMO/BA team reports into the Head of AIS Technology Program Management / Business Analysis Office. The PMO/BA team is responsible for:
- Liaising with internal and external Business, Operations and Technology stakeholders
- Managing the development and support of various Back-Office and Middle Office Fund Administration systems servicing the Accounting, Transfer Agency, Compliance and Reporting needs of the Business and our Clients
- Managing excellent communication, coordination, analysis and project management needs of the projects at hand
- Being the knowledge hub / center that shares their collective knowledge internally and externally, and advises Business and Technology on needed Technology and Operations improvements that will result in reduction of operational and reputational risk; increased operational efficiency and enhanced client satisfaction
Specialist Project/Program Manager->> Leads a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications. May allocate/coordinate work within projects. Manages and oversees end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of medium business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization). Directs and controls all work performed within the framework of the work structure. Assists in developing detailed project plans and schedules application/infrastructure projects, including goals, risks and resource allocation. Monitors project results for significant deviations. Contributes to vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments. May provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals. Works with all required Information Technology functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project. May coordinate resources across organizational boundaries. Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Dynamic, client facing, sales oriented Program Manager with excellent presentation skills
- Advanced PowerPoint and Storyboarding skills
- Adept at presenting to and facilitating/managing meetings with senior management stakeholders from both Technology and Business
- Strong communication, interpersonal and Relationship Management skills
- Sufficiently technical to clearly and concisely communicate and relate easily with Vendor, Client and Internal Technology senior management
- Exposure to Asset Servicing and Financial Systems preferred; Alternative Investments – Front / Middle / Back office a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial, 6 - 8 years of related project management experience required, experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45135
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1807403