BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist Developer
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
An exciting opportunity to lead projects to learn and implement latest and greatest open source tech in our Technology business.
• Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support.
• Analyses, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology.
• Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications.
• Analyses information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans.
• Analyses and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools.
• Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions.
• Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
• Knowledge of the Agile methodology for Software Development (prefer Scrum) is a plus.
• Deep understanding of the software development life cycle.
• Experience with complex system integration projects.
• Experience working in a large global enterprise is a plus.
• Experience working with business analysts, project managers and technical architects in multiple geographical areas.
• Strong analytical skills, excellent problem solver and self-starter.
• Able to articulate complex solutions through technical discussions.
• Can work collaboratively to perform complex troubleshooting, root-cause analyses, and solution development.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), ability to work in a remote team environment.
• Java 7/8- coding
• Spring Framework / Spring Cloud
• Drools option, Docker must
• GIT, Bash, Jenkins
• Maven, REST APIs
• Working in CI/CD environment
• Test-driven development
• Confluence / Jira Agile Tools or similar
What we can offer you:
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60172
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1807417