BNY Mellon Careers
Group Manager, Application Support (ITIL)
Global Custody and Cash Services (GCCS) is searching for an experienced technology manager for their Production Services organization. The mission of Production Services is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across application and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure and predictable production environment. GCCS Production Services aligns Application Development resources with dedicated Infrastructure resources from our Technology Services Group to create a business aligned support organization.
Responsibilities for a Group Manager for Application Support include:
- Manages a medium to large-sized or multiple small teams responsible for application support activities.
- Participates in defining the methodology of the department and plans management and software releases.
- Develops business plans and implements long range projects.
- Evaluates current application support methods and strategies, and oversees implementation of changes and improvements. Responsible for execution of overall business plan in assigned areas.
- Implements and leads Application Support strategic projects consistent with long-range IT plans.
- Establishes and ensures compliance with policies and procedures for activities within the group.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
Additional job responsibilities for this Group Manager and their team can include:
- Adopting standardized methods for Change Management and ensuring they are followed.
- Ensuring high availability of critical technology systems through effective Incident Management protocols.
- Establishing effective Problem Management procedures to reduce system disruption.
- Utilize Configuration Management tools to identify, control and verify technology assets
- Using Release and Deployment Management processes, effectively deliver on changes while minimizing business disruption.
- Enable efficient capture and use of system and business information by implementing a Knowledge Management system.
- Utilize Event Management tools to provide status and health monitoring of key technology components.
- Implement Access Management processes to ensure controlled access to production environments.
- Advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 12 + years of experience in information technology required;
- At least 4 years of experience managing and directing systems development or systems maintenance project teams;
- ITIL certification preferred.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45305
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1807472