BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist Telecommunications Consultant - Cisco Communications
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
- The job holder is responsible for designing, evaluating, implementing and supporting Cisco collaboration and other telecommunication systems. S/he will:
- Maintain, modify, and troubleshoot CUCM, Unity Connection, SIP, gateway and video infrastructure.
- Diagnose, detect, and repair Cisco Unified Communications Manager application faults.
- Complete standard service request and resolve end-user related incidents.
- Monitor systems and providing tier 2 support for Cisco collaboration infrastructure.
- The successful candidate will have extensive experience implementing and supporting large / complex Cisco Unified Communication (UC) solutions including Unified Communications Manager, Unity Connection messaging systems and video / telepresence systems.
- S/he should be well versed in all areas of network technology and have a proven track record designing, implementing, integrating and supporting a broad range of collaboration products.
- Troubleshoots highly complex telecommunications hardware and software problems.
- Consults with users, administrators, and engineers to identify business and technical requirements for proposed system modifications or technology purchases. Communicates with telecommunications vendors to obtain pricing and technical specifications for available hardware, software, or services.
- Evaluates services/products as possible solutions for future requirements or as a replacement/upgrade to existing network. Develops and leads implementation of telecommunications disaster recovery plans to ensure business continuity. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- Six to Eight (6-8) years of experience in designing, evaluating, implementing and supporting major, high-traffic networks and inter-networking strategies required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Platforms: Cisco UCS (B and C series) Servers, Expressway, VG224 / 350, Oracle (Acme) SBCs, Cisco routers / switches, Cisco 79xx / 89xx / 88xx phones and video / telepresence endpoints.
- Software: UCM/CUC 8.x/10.x, VMWare ESXI, Jabber, Jabber Mobile Client. Spark, Acano.
- Networking: Strong Cisco routing and switching / data networking skills.
- Protocols: H323, SIP, MGCP, SCCP.
- Experienced problem solver who is skilled in people development, delegation and building collaborative relationships.
- Effective oral and written communication skills - experienced in making presentations with the ability to easily influence people.
- Cisco CCIE Collaboration, VMWare VCP and Microsoft Certified Solution Expert – MCSE is beneficial.
- CCNP Route/Switch
- CCNP Collaboration
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Woodland Park
Internal Jobcode: 45130
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1807474