BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Specialist Developer (Java, J2EE, REST Web Services)
Securities Data Service is a provider of reference and market data to many business lines within BNY Mellon. This candidate will be an experienced technologist and a leader in the modernization of our platforms, and will contribute to providing a service that is scalable, highly available and resilient.
As part of our Technology Roadmap, we are focused on the modernization, re-engineering, analysis and delivery of our software and hardware components into the Greenfield environment. Candidate will own the development and support of the technology solutions moving to Greenfield. Effort to move to this environment will include hardware upgrades, migration of our Vendor data feeds, and modernization of legacy components. Important part of the future efforts is incorporating resiliency and stability into the existing processes and ensuring they are covered by future development.
Candidate has hands-on expertise and business domain knowledge in Market Data and Security Master Space. Candidate should have a strong understanding of front to back system flows.
Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
- Contributing to and delivering on our modernization and transformation roadmap.
- Migrating legacy code to strategic platforms by designing and developing micro services, cloud based solutions.
- Advanced degree in computer science or related discipline. Minimum 5-7 Years’ coding experience required.
- Development experience in a java web environment (Java, J2EE, REST web services)
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle). Conversant in Big Data / NoSQL (Cassandra, Hadoop, MongoDB, etc.) a plus.
- Experience using DevOps software (Maven, Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Experience with cloud/container services (Docker preferred)
- Experience w/ AngularJS 1 and 2+, HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap
- AngularJS testing framework (Karma. Protractor, Cypress)
- Strong communication and risk management skills.
- Preferable Skills:
- C++ and ETL knowledge a plus
- A level of domain knowledge in the financial services industry.
- Knowledge / Experience with Agile a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1807475