BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Mainframe Developer (COBOL, CICS, JCL, IBM DB2)
BNYM Technology has a mission to provide our business partners with technology based solutions that enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions maintained on a stable and secure infrastructure, and to provide our employees with the tools and means to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
This primary responsibility of this role is to provide technical design and development for strategic project initiatives for global cash applications.
It is expected that the candidate would grow into a leadership role on the application.
Key responsibilities include:
- Active contribution to Application Software development including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, re-use, and scalability of products; demonstrates creative, critical thinking and strategic vision.
- Design and develop software solutions by combining technical expertise with an understanding of strategic business drivers, application and project needs, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Work on mission critical systems that employ complex batch and on-line processing.
- Document and demonstrate complex technical solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Write new programs or enhancements of high complexity, mentor less experienced team members, participate in peer code reviews, insure that delivered code is scalable, reusable and meets guidelines for the best practices and procedures.
- Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved. Contribute to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Seek and deliver new ways to develop and improve processes and technology.
- Strong experiences in implementation of Mainframe and associated technology such as Cobol, DB2, CICS, JCL is a must. IBM WebSphere MQ, VSAM is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Eight to 10 (8-10) years of experience in software development required.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience in leading and collaborating with global developers.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Strong design and analytical skills, excellent problem solver and self-starter.
- Up to date knowledge of design and development tools.
- Able to articulate solutions of various levels of complexity through technical discussions.
- Can work collaboratively to perform troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, and solution development.
- IBM DB2
- IBM Websphere MQ
- VSAM Files
- Stored Procedures with DB2
- Freezeframe, Dumpmaster, CA ESP Scheduler
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1807479