BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Manager, Software Configuration/Release Management (ITIL)
BNYM Technology has a mission to provide our business partners with technology based solutions that enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions maintained on a stable and secure infrastructure, and to provide our employees with the tools and means to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
Global Custody and Cash Services (GCCS) is searching for an experienced technology manager for their Production Services organization. The mission of Production Services is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across application and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure and predictable production environment. GCCS Production Services aligns Application Development resources with dedicated Infrastructure resources from our Technology Services Group to create a business aligned support organization.
As Lead Manager for Software Configuration and Release Management, you will be responsible for:
- Controlling the lifecycle of changes.
- Coordinating and managing dependencies across multiple concurrent release streams
- Working closely with the application project managers to transition from development into the production environment
- Issue and risk identification and tracking related to production readiness and implementation
- Maintain release documentation including implementation playbooks, contingency back out plans, acceptance and go / no-go decision criteria, along with stakeholder approvals
- Directing and controlling all work performed through the release implementation and validation process.
- Managing the activities of globally diverse development and support teams
Additional job responsibilities include:
- Manages a small to medium-sized team responsible for definition, planning and management of SCM activities. Supervises and provides technical guidance to assigned project teams.
- Manages the process for developing and maintaining SCM systems. Defines, implements and improves upon SCM environments.
- Monitors software and systems defects.
- Ensures product migrations through all systems environments as per SCM processes.
- Ensures that the day-to-day SCM tasks are carried out appropriately and recommends improvements when appropriate.
- Participates in the recruiting process, instructs, assigns, directs and reviews the work of other software configuration staff, prepares performance reviews and provides ongoing feedback.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in a systems and/or SCM environment
- ITIL certification/experience preferred.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1807481