BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Manager, Application Support (ITIL)
BNYM Technology has a mission to provide our business partners with technology based solutions that enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions maintained on a stable and secure infrastructure, and to provide our employees with the tools and means to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
Global Custody and Cash Services (GCCS) is searching for an experienced technology manager for their Production Services organization. The mission of Production Services is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across application and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure and predictable production environment. GCCS Production Services aligns Application Development resources with dedicated Infrastructure resources from our Technology Services Group to create a business aligned support organization.
As Lead Manager for Application Support, you will be responsible for:
- Managing a small to medium-sized team performing application support activities. Participating in the recruiting process; instructs, assigns, directs and reviews the work of other application support staff, prepares performance reviews and provides ongoing feedback.
- Identifying achievable and appropriate service level agreements and ensuring that they are met.
- Monitoring and resolving software and system defects.
- Incident management and the timely restoration of normal operations.
- Conducting Problem Management in order to minimize business impact by proactively identifying problems, preventing issues and eliminating reoccurrence.
- Ensuring that application services meet the current and future availability needs of the business.
- Managing capacity planning to performance and cost objectives.
- Ensuring Information Security
- Performing change management functions with minimal disruption of service.
- Planning and deployment of new functionality without impacting existing services.
- Continually measuring application performance metrics and delivering on opportunities for improvement
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in information technology required.
- 4+ years of experience in managing resources and/or project teams required.
- ITIL certification/experience preferred.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1807482