BNY Mellon Careers
The Global Risk Solutions (GRS) IT team has rewarding opportunity for a web application developer interested in working with BNYM’s next-generation technology platform, NEXEN.
NEXEN is a highly scalable cloud-based platform built upon re-usable RESTful web services and a responsive Angular and AngularJS user interface.
This position is for an experienced/senior developer who will work on one or more of our GRS initiatives. The GRS team is responsible for many highly visible products so the candidate will have the opportunity to work on multiple initiatives including clean-slate development and re-platforming efforts. The candidate will play a key role in driving the execution of these efforts.
Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Partner with Business and Technology stakeholders to understand business use case and designs solutions for the use cases.
· Design/develop/code end-to-end distributed technology solutions in line with enterprise standards
o Leverage and utilize enterprise and reusable solutions and services to gain efficiencies and consistencies
o Contribute to the improvement of the NEXEN platform via reusable components.
· Unit testing and deployment
· Application deployment
· Third level support of deployed applications
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
· Looking for 4-8 years of experience in web application development
· Experience developing web applications using AngularJS and Angular 2/4/5
· HTML,CSS and Typescript hands-on experience to build UI for web applications
· Experience writing clean, modular, debuggable TypeScript code using external libraries or custom code
· Experience working with external libraries for building interactive data visualizations – Highcharts, D3, or others.
· Experience developing unit tests for UI using Karma, Protractor and other similar UI testing frameworks
· Experience building and consuming JSON-based RESTful APIs
· Basic understanding of Relational databases and SQL
· Experience working with JIRA, GIT, Jenkins, and Confluence
· Experience working in an Agile team environment.
· Experience migrating AngularJS applications or modules to Angular 2, 4, or 5
· Experience developing back-end Restful services in Java or .Net.
· Nice to have experience deploying applications in container based cloud environment
· Nice to have experience with Spring Boot, Spring JPA and other Spring frameworks
Preference for those with experience in the financial services industry, knowledge of securities processing, accounting data, performance measurement, and/or portfolio risk a plus
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1807572