BNY Mellon Careers
EMEA Head of Innovation Centre
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
The EMEA innovation centre is one of a number of Innovation Centres we are building in our major locations. It has been specifically designed to offer a client co-creation facility for exploration and rapid prototyping.
The innovation centre head will drive client engagements, manage a team of engineers and engage with thought leaders, clients, peers and the rest of the organisation as we transition to our Next Generation (BNY Mellon Digital Platform) platform.
BNY Mellon Digital Platform is BNY Mellon’s next generation technology platform that consolidates BNY Mellon’s services, third-party and client solutions in to a single, intuitive and powerful platform that delivers a consistent client experience for BNY Mellon technology, regardless of product, service or region.
• Heading the London Innovation Centre to support the CIO, wider Technology Leadership and other Global Innovation Centres to front conversations with our clients, staff and other key stakeholders
• Maintaining alignment with other Technology groups, CIO, Vison and Strategy, to focus on promoting Technology Digital and Innovation Capabilities, including Disruption and Lean/Agile execution techniques, to facilitate integration of successful prototypes into BNY Mellon deliverables
• Support the CIO in delivering regionally impactful solutions, promoting the education of internal and external customers and markets of BNY Mellon's IT / Digital credentials
• Maintain strong working relationships with key clients, internal customers and sponsors. This could include FinTech startups, Incubators, Accelerators and other key influencers
• Build bridges of learning for the wider organisation, enhancing BNY Mellons reputation as a thoughtful and knowledgable player in the FinTech field, proposing pilots as appropriate and forging relationships to enhance client co creation
• Work with internal and external customers to "co-create" and generate ideas and establish business cases in a timely manner that build on BNY Mellon's capabilities and strategy. This will include co-creation with clients on topics like Reconciliation & FinTech Integration
• Work with the lines of business to articulate their digital proposition and ‘digitise’ their workforce
• Engage with the FinTech ecosystem to ensure the BNY Mellon body corporate stays informed and appropriate candidates for the AppStore are identified
• Own, develop and convert the client pipeline from strategic engagement to prototype design and execution
• Maintain a hard and soft Returner on Investment capability
• Build and maintain a high performing hybrid team to run and support all activities of the Lab
• Maintain the Lab to the highest standard and ensure it is fit for purpose and available to be used by clients at a moment's notice, including managing the EMEA Innovation Centre team
• Collaborating with colleagues including IT Marketing and IT Compliance on all public communications (including social media and client presentations) prior to dissemination
• Maintain a monthly Scorecard showing attainment against key KPIs agreed with CIOs and Business Sponsors promoting transparency
• Drive the creation of Asset Owner and Asset Manager dashboards
• The ideal candidate will have a technology background with solid experience of Cloud based systems, Big Data and Application Programming Interfaces (API). Digital literacy and enthusiasm for emergent technology is a must!
• Experience within a Start Up, FinTech, Incubator / Accelerator would be preferential as we are looking for a ‘Blue Sky’ innovator who can drive execution against a given set of deliverables
• Previous management of a technical team
• Strong communication skills are essential along with a proven track record of presenting to clients, media or colleagues
• Key attributes - self-motivated / self-starter, high energy, ability to seek out information, ability to quickly build networks
The Innovation Centre has three main objectives, described in more detail below: Client Co-Creation, Education and FinTech Integration. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate proficiency in at least two of these areas, although experience across all is preferred.
Co-creation – This is the joint exploration of how BNY Mellon's Digital capabilities (BNY Mellon Digital Platform, Digital Pulse, API, App Store, BXP) can be used to improve operational efficiency and the overall client experience. The candidate should be able to articulate either detailed knowledge of BNY Mellon's Digital capabilities or have a deep technical understanding of the types of technologies and techniques involved.
Education – This is the education of BNY Mellon staff, clients and regulators as well as the education of the press, media and public at large. The candidate should be willing and able to present to large groups of people internally and externally. The candidate should maximise the utilisation of the innovation centre for such purposes.
FinTech – This is the Exploration of start-up businesses in the financial technology space. Such exploration should identify start-ups that may be of value to BNY Mellon and its customers. It is also the process of building relationships with such companies and ultimately integrating them into BNY Mellon Digital Platform. The candidate should be familiar with the start-up ecosystem, processes and procedures in order that he/she can maximise our exploration of this industry sector.
What we can offer you:
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60331
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1807696