BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Specialist ETL Developer – Informatica Power Center
Sr. Specialist ETL Developer – Informatica Power Center
• Hands on experience analyzing, designing, and developing Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) process for data warehousing
• using Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x/7.x/6.x including Designer, Repository Manager, Server Manager, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor
• Expertise in Client-Server application development using Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, PL/SQL and SQL*Plus
• Experience in creating various transformations using aggregator, look up, update strategy, joiner, filter, sequence generator, normalizer, sorter, router, stored procedure in Informatica PowerCenter Designer
• Developed complex mapping also involving SCD Type-I, Type-II, Type-III mapping in Informatica to load the data from various sources
• Involved in Code reviews and determining Informatica standards for Mappings/Sessions/ Workflows
• Created reusable transformations and mapplets and used them in mappings
• Implemented the slowly changing dimensions (SCD) type1 and type2 to maintain current information and history information in the dimension tables
• Used Informatica Power Center Workflow manager to create sessions, batches to run with the logic embedded in the mappings
• Created complex mappings in Power Center Designer using Aggregate, Expression, Filter, and Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, SQL, Union, Lookup, Joiner, XML Source Qualifier, Unconnected lookup transformations
• Created shell scripts to kick off Informatica workflow/s and PL/SQL procedures
• Created Informatica PowerExchange Data Map and Registration on Mainframe source files and tables and importing them to Informatica shared folder
• Used Workflow manager to create and configure workflow and session task to load data; used Informatica workflow monitor to create, monitor workflow in case of process failures; performed testing as per UTC
• Implemented optimization techniques for performance tuning and wrote pre & post session shell scripts
• Configured the sessions using workflow manager to have multiple partitions on source data and to improve performance
• Involved in extensive performance tuning by determining bottlenecks in sources, mappings and sessions
• Preferably worked on Informatica IDE/IDQ
• Used IDQ’s standardized plans for addresses and names clean ups; Used IDQ to complete initial data profiling and removing duplicate data
• Used IDQ to profile the project source data, define or confirm the definition of the metadata, cleanse and accuracy check the project data, check for duplicate or redundant records
Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Corporate Trust
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1807747