BNY Mellon Careers
Pershing, owned by BNY Mellon, provides a broad range of financial business solutions to investment banks, broker-dealers, wealth managers, financial planners and advisers across EMEA. We provide sophisticated front-end technology and flexible middle office capabilities with execution, settlement and custody services. These are supported by a robust regulatory and compliance framework with dedicated client asset experience and expertise.
We are looking for an outstanding C# .Net developer that can not only technically lead a team throughout a project with a focus on high quality and consistent improvement, but also look to share their knowledge and experiences with the wider development teams as part of various quality initiatives.
The right person will be joining the Platform team that fully believes and invests in whatever it takes to deliver quality, including TDD, Continuous Integration and the automation of anything they can. The team have been a key driver in quality and best practices across the department and you must believe, want and feel comfortable in championing this.
The correct candidate should also enjoy working collaboratively with the team and the business to solve very technical problems by leading or contributing in technical workshops and discussions, as well as love working with more junior members of the team to help improve and grow the teams’ skills and experience.
We have just delivered a high volume, complex event processor using Reactive Extensions (Rx) that processes business events in real time and passes them to other business applications. As part of phase 2, we would like to extend this real-time functionality to our clients via a brand new UI, allowing them to get notified of important events as soon as they happen, rather than wait until the end of the day.
We will also be working with another recently developed application purposely built for a relatively new, very large, ongoing project to provide a state of the art, digital front end to our clients and their investors. The application is responsible for uploading millions of documents a year to a third party application using Hangfire and RabbitMQ. The business would like to extend the use of the application to streamline the entire document process.
As part of the platform team, the successful candidate will also be involved in the rollout of new tools and systems to help development processes, such as Jenkins, GIT and Octopus to the wider development department.
• Enjoy delivering highly complex, scalable and robust solutions
• Enjoy writing and helping others to write clean, efficient and quality code
• Help contribute to planning and estimations of upcoming work
• Contribute and regularly lead technical and design workshops
• Be an advocate for and uphold best practices within the team such as TDD and Continuous Integration
• Leading and technical management of both senior and junior members within the team
• Encourage and support the continuous improvement and upskilling of all members in the team, as well as the wider development department
• Critically review code and ensure this skill is improved on across the team
• Work with the team and the wider development team to grow and help adopt Agile mind-sets and behaviours
• Research and consider how new technologies could be used at Pershing
• Work with the wider Platform and Architecture teams to develop and establish best practices
• Considering performance, scalability and security when designing and implementing solutions
• Contribute in the rollout of new tools and applications that improve the development process
• Hands on development with the latest versions of .Net and C#
• Expert knowledge in design patterns, SOLID principles and various design patterns
• Expert knowledge of OOP
• Experience and knowledge in Agile delivery (ideally experience in SCRUM)
• Experience in delivering high volume and highly available enterprise applications
• Good knowledge of database systems and designs
• Experience and good knowledge in TDD, Continuous Integration and Automation
• Experience with CI and Automation tools
• Be able to critically analyse designs and provide constructive feedback
• Be able to critically analyse code and provide constructive feedback
• Be able to create useful and in-depth documentation
• Be able to communicate well with technical and non-technical people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60144
Requisition Number: 1807763