BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist Project/Program Manager (Treasury Payments Service)
The Treasury Services Systems Department is seeking an experienced Senior Specialist Project/Program Manager for several of its US$ Payments Service applications. The candidate should expect the opportunity to be a significant contributor to a globally diverse technology team and will be challenged to identify and execute on solutions for our internal business groups. The ideal candidate has worked in the financial services industry and possesses in-depth knowledge of payment services and experience delivering on concurrent, complex application development projects. The primary responsibilities include;
- Supporting the promotion of a diverse, inclusive and ethical workplace environment.
- Sustaining an environment that ensures risk management and compliance standards are continually understood, followed and strengthened.
- Collaborating with business partners to identify, prioritize and implement appropriate solutions.
- Managing a wide project portfolio such that work is properly planned and addressed to defined scheduling, budget and specification standards.
- Assisting Project/Program managers with understanding and performing their Development Lifecycle (DLC) responsibilities.
- Directing and/or facilitating the collection and definition of functional and technical requirements with appropriate project stakeholders.
- Directing and/or facilitating the gathering and analysis of information to resolve production support issues.
- Performing goal setting, development and coaching of your staff.
Sr. Specialist Project/Program Manager->> Leads and provides some direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications. Manages and oversees the end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of medium to high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization). Directs and controls all work performed within the framework of the Work Structure. Develops detailed project plans and schedules application/infrastructure projects, including goals, risks and resource allocation. Monitors project results for significant deviations. Manages vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments. May provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals. Works with all required Information Technology functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project. May coordinate resources across organizational boundaries. Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial, 8 - 10 years of related project management experience required, experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Ten to fifteen (8-10) years of experience in software development required.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
- Prior experience in the payments services industry is preferred.
- Prior knowledge of Automated Clearing House (ACH) and/or Wire Transfer processing is highly desirable.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45163
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1807905