BNY Mellon Careers
Principal, Product Management (APAC Digital & Data Product Manager)
An integral part of the APAC Asset Servicing Product Management team - this position is responsible for driving and managing the development of new Asset Servicing products and enhancements in support of client needs across the digital & data spectrum, aligning globally while acting locally. The primary focus and responsibilities include setting the strategic direction of digital capabilities including product development, client engagement and adoption, business architecture, strategic initiatives and, supporting the business to grow revenue profitably.
· Act as the internal and external strategy and product subject matter expert on digital capabilities for APAC based clients as well as global financial institutions looking to expand into APAC.
· Provide the APAC Product Head, Global Digital Capability Head & the CEO of APAC Asset Servicing with the necessary information to leverage market opportunities, make strategic business decisions and set product priorities in line with growth and profitability targets.
· Leads and oversees complex product management projects, budgets, resourcing, etc. to support the success of product life cycle, working with internal stakeholder’s viz., aligning with global product teams, operations, technology, and business support teams.
· Provides innovative direction and guidance on product management processes and methods to ensure digital capabilities are aligned with client needs. Deliver client experience and drive incremental adoption of digital solutions.
· Responsible for monitoring of activities of Asset Owners and Asset Managers in various APAC jurisdictions.
· Development of key initiatives and data roadmaps to ensure that business is fully competitive in the marketplace and deploys technology in a cost effective manner which increases the efficiency with which we discharge client and regulatory duties. Working with the respective areas within the Bank to ensure on-time implementation.
· Enhance BNY Mellon’s reputation in digital capabilities; raise awareness of product and capabilities by holding (or participating) in client seminars, publish “thought leadership” articles and represent the Asset Servicing business in industry forums. Also, manage communications and messaging related to digital products.
· Accountable for maintaining standards and controls sufficient for the efficient running of digital product capability to enable internal audit and compliance inspection reports to be issued without any significant findings.
· Continue to enhance Risk and Control and Regulatory Compliance practices as first line of defense.
· Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
Skills and Other Competencies
· Deep understanding of Digital and Data services including DLT, APIs, Dashboards, etc.
· Proven ability to create a product roadmap strategy from inception to adoption.
· Able to conduct themselves with integrity and a desire for excellence at all times, with a clear sense of personal responsibility. To treat all colleagues, internal and external, with respect and to proactively create an environment of teamwork.
· Proven knowledge of the asset servicing space within the Investment industry - gained through at least 2-4 years' experience. Ideally this would be from previous experience in the industry. Be able to anticipate industry challenges and how it shapes client’s future needs.
· First class client facing skills including presentation skills, both oral and written. Ability to engage senior C-suite stakeholders. Communicates effectively including writing internal briefs, presentations scripts, status reports, etc.
· Understand client needs and align these to the product / services of BNY Mellon.
· A self-motivated, innovative thinker, with the ability to work as part of a team and think quickly in high pressure situations and connect the dots across many areas, investor types and regions.. Requisite analytical and problem solving skills.
· Displays strong interpersonal skills - plays a role in motivating colleagues and creates team cohesion.
· Possess a high level understanding of the APAC markets, funds jurisdictions and industry drivers. Strong knowledge of industry and competitive landscape in the APAC region. Strong knowledge of central banks, SWF and government segment, asset managers and insurance segments.
· Strong global business acumen. Track record of working in global banks and navigating complex operating models.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree is a plus.
· Qualification in business management/technology preferred.
· 10+ years’ experience, proven digital and tech savviness plus understanding of asset servicing business.
· Good understanding of market structure in multiple countries within APAC (ideally Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and Japan).
· Fluency in English is essential, other Asian languages is also preferable.
· Good understanding of asset owners, insurance, banks and the various investment structures used by investors and asset managers in APAC and globally.
· Experience in bringing new products from conception to market launch.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70236
Organization: AS Global Front Office-HR16987
Requisition Number: 1807946