BNY Mellon Careers
Sr.Spec'st Network Engineer
This role will design, develop, and maintain the network and cloud infrastructure operating over the Nuage VSD network. The candidate will be integrated with DevOps to refine and have full authority to design solutions for Eagle’s SaaS solution running in both a private and public cloud configuration.
The candidate will be an active participant in the design, deploy and maintenance under the following conditions:
- Private and hybrid/pubic cloud architecture
- Ensure operational integrity for extreme SLA process, zero down time
- Work closely with end-to-end test teams to troubleshoot problems found in integration testing and operations
The individual will be responsible for managing budgets, monitor progress and adjusts resources and priorities accordingly as well as provide input on policy issues. They will executes design and execute test strategies and integration test plans. It will also participate in migrating test plan, up to customer acceptance and support of production networks.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong networking knowledge in: IP routing, MPLS, VPLS, L2/L3 VPNs and QoS
- Hands-on ALU/Nokia 7x50 product knowledge.
- Preferred Alcatel-Lucent SRA certification or equivalent (CCIE/JNCIE) certification may be considered.
- Hands-on knowledge of Linux operating systems (Red Hat/CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu)
- Strong understanding of SDN/Virtualization concept: Management Plane, Control Plane, Data Plane and Policy Directory.
- Some understanding of NFV (Network Virtualized Functions)
- Hands-on experience with installation of Hypervisors such KVM, ESXi or Hyper-V.
- Hands-on knowledge of CMS (Cloud Management System) such as VMWare, OpenStack, CloudStack or Microsoft SCVMM.
- Some understanding of CMP (Container Management Platform) such as Kubernetes, Mesos or Docker and the supporting markup languages: JSON, YAML, XML
- Knowledge of EVPN, VxLAN and OVS (Open-vSwitch) concepts.
- Good understanding of APIs, its usage, consumption and CRUD operations.
- Experience working in Datacenter environment.
- Knowledge of scripts language like Python/Bash/Shell.
- Experience with deploying High Availability firewall and load balancer.
- Be responsible for fully understanding the configuration capabilities of the product, generating workarounds to satisfy customer requests, identifying and isolating the occurrence of product anomalies for correction by R&D.
- Aid as needed in the design and deployment of the Nuage Networks platform and its services.
- Cisco Nexus 9K series switching
- Cisco Router
- Cisco Firepower Firewall
- Palo Alto Firewall
- VMWare ESXi, KVM, Xen, Hyper-V
- VMWare vCloud/vCenter, OpenStack, CloudStack
- Java, Python, Perl
- RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu
- Hortonworks Data Platform
- API contructs
- SDN (Software Defined Networking) and Openflow
Required Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Development experience with JBOSS (or equivalent), Java, RDBMS (MySQL, Postgres)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and LANs – basics of IP routing.
Desired Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Development experience: Python, XMPP, REST
- Experience with virtualization (XEN, KVM, ESXi)
- Experience with Cloud Management Systems (OpenStack, Cloudstack, vCloud Director)
- Nuage Networks Virtual Services Platform Installation Specialist (NNIS) Certification
- Cisco ACI installation, configuration, troubleshooting and support
- Previous management experience
- Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders
Sr. Specialist Network Engineer->> Leads in the research, development, and the enterprise-wide integration and implementation of new and emerging technologies. Implements and supports the network infrastructure and systems for large, complex networks. Designs and supports inter-network solutions including the physical and logical configuration documentation and has a comprehensive understanding of the entire network topology and architecture. Performs overall network design or support and on-going review of moderately complex network design. Works with other IT areas to define or support architectural standards. Works with other IT staff and vendor representatives on projects, installations, moves, changes, troubleshooting, documentation and servicing. Stays informed of current industry trends and emerging technologies. Evaluates new technology, products, and services for potential and opportunity as future networking solutions or upgrade/replacement. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. .
QualificationsBachelor's degree in engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8-10 years of experience in designing, implementing, and supporting high-traffic networks required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley
Internal Jobcode: 45171
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: Eagle Investment Systems-HR06405
Requisition Number: 1808072