BNY Mellon Careers
Investment Reporting Team Manager (Mgr, Fund/Client Accounting)
Institutional Accounting provides portfolio accounting and reporting as a value added service to clients of the BNYM core custody business. The service provides the delivery, to agreed deadlines, of an audited market valuation for a portfolio or group of portfolios, together with supporting transaction details.
This team’s primary focus is to work in partnership with our clients, providing a complete and independent investment reporting package.
We service a range of clients which include Corporate Pension Funds, Government Pension Funds, Central Banks, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Insurance Companies, and Investment Managers. These clients invest in the full range of financial instruments that include Equities, Bonds, Forward and Spot FX, Derivatives and Money Market instruments amongst others.
- Manages the team in determining the net asset value (NAV) for assigned accounts/portfolios for each measurement cycle, within specified deadlines,
- Manages relationships with assigned clients and ensures all questions are answered and issues with investment reporting are resolved in a timely manner.
- Manages processes for checking for the completeness and accuracy of investment reporting.
- Prvides oversight of team to ensure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Resolves escalated issues from team members.
- Maintains own personal development of investment reporting knowledge and regulations, the operating model and the financial products held by clients in order to ensure the team and departmental procedures reflect current market developments and client requirements.
- Evaluates this and ensures that the team are kept up-to-speed with BNY Mellon fund accounting practices.
- Manages the drafting of financial reports for clients to review fund performance.
- Communicates reports and accounting intricacies to clients.
- Previous experience in a financial services environment would be preferable. A proven successful management track record will also be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance related subject or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Strong soft skills and experience of managing others
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage the time and workloads of others
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Well organised and focused, in order to meet tight deadlines
- An effective team worker
- Demonstrate a strong client service ethic
- Presentation and client liaison skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70506
Organization: Glb Inst Acctg Risk Solutions-HR14005
Requisition Number: 1808080