BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Analyst, Client Onboarding/Transitions/Conversions/KYC
Client Onboarding/Transitions/Conversions - IC3
- Under minimal direction, onboards clients into the system, opens and closes accounts and handles transitions and conversions to the system.
- Serves as an advisor to clients as they onboard/transition/convert to/from organization products and solutions.
- Obtains and reviews the appropriate documentation and reference data, and ensures regulatory aspects of AML and KYC are completed prior to opening accounts.
- Ensures all SLAs are met.
- Prepares clients for entering new accounts by explaining and articulating the level of documentation required, regulations, complexities in the market and market expectations.
- Works directly with clients to open new accounts once due diligence on KYC and AML has been completed and works with client and internal parties around asset events.
- Closes off accounts by first checking for any pending activity or balances remaining in the account.
- Works directly with clients to access documentation requirements and reference data.
- May be responsible for onsite client support and training to assist with documentation, quality review and submission of documents.
- Ensure application form is received and tax documentation is received from the investor.
- Review documents and coordinate with all internal support groups, business managers, and external parties to ensure documents meet certain compliance requirements.
- Leads project management activities for onboarding/transitions/conversions such as reporting, planning, issue / risk tracking, scheduling, effort estimation, day-to-day tracking, and other project documentation preparation.
- Ensures client receives all necessary training or conducts the training him/herself.
- Identifies significant gaps or quality issues in transition processes and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Maintains a book of clients and ensure that client activity on an account is maintained once an account is opened.
- Supports complex conversion activities related to a mix of complex institutional client relationships requiring the in-depth understanding of custody and accounting processing activities.
- Completes an accurate conversion of data on financial statements for daily, weekly, or monthly valuation clients.
- Supports and reviews control reports to effectively mitigate risks and resolve problems that arise during the conversion process.
- Marshals firm-wide resources (product, technology, marketing, compliance, teams, etc.) to ensure client needs are being addressed.
- Ensures onboarding/transition/conversion activities meet all compliance, legal and regulatory requirements.
- May facilitate legal negotiation or document review.
- Participate in UAT, on boarding and fault resolution.
- Responsible for overall success of moderately-sized or complex transitions, ensuring client satisfaction through the monitoring of project quality and efficiency and management of the direct client experience.
- No direct reports.
- Acts as a Team Lead and provides guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Allocates work to and monitors the work quality of others assigned to the client.
- Suggests process improvements based on post-mortem transition analysis.
- May have people management responsibilities in some geographies. Responsible for complex, mature and/or global clients or more complex platforms.
- Contributes to the achievement of team and area objectives.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience in securities, financial services or client-facing or project management roles preferred.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Organization: Client Activation-HR16352
Requisition Number: 1808152