BNY Mellon Careers
Relationship Manager, Corporate Trust
BNY Mellon is hiring a Vice President, Relationship Manager, North Asia to join the Corporate Trust Asia Pacific team.
BNY Mellon Corporate Trust utilizes its global footprint and expertise to deliver a full range of issuer and related investor services including trustee, paying agency, fiduciary, escrow, and other financial services. We administer a wide array of assets and programs for multinational corporations, financial institutions, governments and their agencies, and clients in the banking, securities, and insurance industries. BNY Mellon is one of the largest corporate trust businesses globally and in the region.
The position will be based in Hong Kong and will be responsible for coverage of key strategic clients in North Asia.
The RM will work closely with business development teams, other internal stakeholders and businesses in delivering solutions which address and are responsive to client issues and strategic needs.
Key duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Maintaining regular contact with clients to gauge satisfaction and further client needs
- Managing account plans reflective of client requirements and opportunities
- Location-based partner in global/regional relationship coverage teams for clients with multi-jurisdictional footprints and requirements
- Staying abreast of developments relevant to the market and tracking and reporting on market trends, opportunities and potential challenges
- Retaining and strengthening existing client relationships including generating new business from clients to increase market share and profitability
- Possessing excellent communication and interpersonal skills and able to strike a balance between client satisfaction and managing risk to the firm, in advocating client needs within the bank and advocating the bank’s position to the clients
The successful candidate should have a demonstrable foundation in debt capital markets products such as bonds and loans with relationship management experience, with prior background in corporate trust a strong advantage.
Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required along with 5-7 years of total work experience preferred.
Financial Services experience with a particular client type or product (Hedge, Pension, etc.) Is preferred as is prior experience in Relationship Management, Client Services or Account Management.
Fluency in English is essential and proficiency in a key North Asian language such as Chinese or Japanese is a strong advantageous although not essential.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Job: Corporate Trust
Internal Jobcode: 70059
Organization: Corporate Trust-HR06320
Requisition Number: 1808198