BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Analyst, Fund/ClientAccting
- The Lead Analyst has primary responsibility for the management of accounting/tax related services for a portfolio of Corporate Trust clients and acts as the day to day contact for the assigned client's accounting/tax services including responsibility for the preparation of all client management accounts and financial statements, ensuring accuracy of reports and ensuring deadlines are met.
- The Lead Analyst is responsible for coordinating client’s external audits and for ensuring that audit deadlines are adhered to.
- The Lead Analyst is responsible for addressing client issues proactively, efficiently and to the satisfaction of the client.
- The Lead Analyst will also build relationships with internal BNY Mellon teams (Client and Business Development, Transaction Management Group, Client Services and Business/ Product Management) to ensure the delivery of service excellence to our clients and participate in bids to existing clients where beneficial.
- Preparation of Management accounts, typically trial balance, profit & loss account and balance sheet. Understand the accounting requirements for each assigned client as outlined in the governing deal documentation
- Application of knowledge of IFRS/Local GAAP Accounting standards as they pertain to the technical accounting treatment of structured finance transactions.
- Requires data gathering from source systems and detailed analysis of the transactions to ensure correct treatment in preparation of the accounts.
- Liaises with other internal parties as necessary for validation of transactions where issues are noted.
- Preparation of audited statutory financial statements in accordance with accounting and regulatory requirements within stringent and challenging deadlines.
- Preparation of various disclosures for statutory reporting purposes.
- Application of knowledge of complex accounting rules and regulations (IFRS/US GAAP/LUX GAAP) to achieve the accurate accounting and disclosure of complex structured finance transactions, in a constantly changing regulatory environment.
- Individual needs to constantly consider the impact of changes resulting from new and amended accounting standards in drafting of disclosures for financial statements.
- Assistance in audit process, in conjunction with the Specialist
- Proactively dealing with audit queries, submission of audit confirmations and conducting detailed analysis required in resolution of issues or confirmation of accounting treatment/ disclosures as requested by auditors.
- ensuring timely submission of any back-up information needed for numbers contained in the financial statements including working with other internal parties across the globe to source as necessary.
- The Lead Analyst also plays a support role with the Specialist, in managing service delivery to the client.
- Ensure accuracy of reports and ensure deadlines are met to the satisfaction of the client.
- Adherence to all policies and procedures, including completion of checklists and ensuring files receive appropriate signoff and all back up files stored on the system.
- 3-5 years’ experience with a good mix of accounting
Qualifications- Degree in business/ financial/ accounting discipline with relevant accounting qualification (CPA, ACCA, ACA, CIMA) - Preferred. 3-5 years in a financial services or accounting environment. - 3-5 years’ experience with a good mix of accounting
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Leinster-Wexford
Job: Corporate Trust
Internal Jobcode: 70508
Organization: Corporate Trust-HR06320
Requisition Number: 1808201