BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist Developer – Database & Salesforce CRM
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
We are looking for a senior developer with both database and Salesforce CRM development experience; and experience of working within Investment Management. The role is based at the BNY Mellon offices in central London as part of the CRM & Marketing Technology group.
To succeed in this role you will demonstrate expert knowledge in the technical design and implementation of CRM development, including good understanding of data and SQL packaging and operations. You have a strong passion for technology and have a track record of success working in a collaborative, team-based environment. Experience with a broad range of software components/frameworks will be advantageous.
· Working with clients on analyzing problems and documenting solutions
· Document and develop code according to specifications and standards
· Prepare test data and plan and conduct basic unit or module testing
· Provide support for quality assurance testing and defect resolution
· Participation in Agile scrum based software development model
· Participate in project team meetings and communicate effectively with peers
· Working within the team and clients on building project delivery and resource plans
· Develop strong relationships with internal client base and corporate teams
· Hands on Database and SQL proficiency including:
o Great SQL/PLSQL skills on Oracle and SQL Server
o SSIS/SQL packaging
o ETL or other transformation experience e.g. Informatica Cloud Services
· Technical and functional knowledge of Salesforce.com
o Visualforce, web service, interfaces, Standard/Custom Objects, Workflows, Approvals, Formulas, Validation Rules, Apex Classes and Controllers, Apex Triggers, Reporting
o APEX, SOQL, SOSL and SQL
· Understanding of key Salesforce architectural concepts (e.g. API and governor limits) and how they influence design
· Experience in importing and exporting data in Salesforce.com
· Understanding of package creation and security requirements
· Strong capabilities in Unit Testing, Test Code Coverage, Code Review and User Acceptance Testing
· Focus on code maintainability and reusability
· Advocate of agile engineering principles
· Motivated, confident and enthusiastic team player
· Ability to mentor and develop junior staff with evidence of strong leadership skills
· Delivery focused with history of achieving deliverables
What we can offer you:
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
• City centre location
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60172
Organization: Asset Mgmt Technology-HR15726
Requisition Number: 1808247