BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Rep, Fund/Client Accountant (Development Accounting)
- Leads day-to-day accounting and net asset value (NAV) production functions (including NAV construction & validation, NAV review, dissemination and reporting activities) for more complex funds. Reviews data and assists in resolving escalated problems that may arise during the normal daily, weekly or monthly accounting and reporting.
- Tracks data and maintains accounting records for funds of higher complexity in accordance with department policies and procedures. Establishes data maintenance and summarization processes to improve team efficiency and best support the accounting team.
- Leads team in preparing system-generated reports. Coordinates review of reports and the sharing of reports with accounting teams. Reviews work of junior team members.
- Assists with maintaining relationships with client staff. Regularly works with client staff to exchange information with respect to cash, accounting, and reporting of daily and monthly client activities and initiatives. Communicates data needs and answers client questions.
- Assists in identifying and implementing process improvements to reduce audit and financial exposure and improve team efficiency.
- No direct reports; may have work allocation and team lead responsibilities.
- Supports the achievement of team objectives.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 5-7 years of total work experience preferred; experience in accounting support preferred. Due to the area of specialty for this role, it is preferred that incumbent has good accounting knowledge on the development accounting rules on placing assets into services (capitalizing items vs. expensing).
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Internal Jobcode: 70710
Organization: CSD AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1808275