BNY Mellon Careers
Newton, Senior Corporate Actions and Transaction Reporting Analyst
Newton Investment Management Limited is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure clients’ futures. Newton thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense – through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via Newton’s parent company BNY Mellon, individuals.
With offices in London and New York, Newton has £49.8bn (as at 31 March 2018) under management, including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Investment Management (North America) Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newtonim.com and via Twitter: @NewtonIM
Newton employees are bright, inquisitive, thoughtful and collaborative. They are highly motivated to deliver performance and service to clients. Newton prides itself on being an employer of choice, with a flexible working environment and a commitment to diversity and opportunity among its employees.
Newton is a professional, friendly and collegiate place to work. The firm looks to attract individuals who are keen to work as part of a team, in a meritocratic environment, and who are driven to help make the organisation a great place to work.
Synopsis of Role
- The Newton Investment Management Limited (NIM) Corporate Actions team is responsible for ensuring that all corporate actions, company meetings and EMiR and MiFIR transaction reporting are effectively and accurately processed.
- The current team consists of a supervisor and two analysts.
- Much of the department’s work is high profile and the team’s success is dependent on the specific technical experience and personal competencies of the staff.
- The NIM client base is diverse and expanding, including Institutional, Retail and International clients, and invests in over 40 markets.
- The role involves ensuring that all allocated corporate actions, company meetings and transaction reporting are dealt with, without risk to the company, in an efficient manner, and to the satisfaction of both internal and external clients.
- Capture all relevant corporate action events from custody banks and cross reference with a 3rd party data source.
- Process mandatory events on ex-date
- Ensure voluntary events are circulated to Portfolio Managers and subsequent instructions are sent to custody banks within their supplied deadlines.
- Process all voluntary events on pay-date.
- All cash items allocated to the corporate action team to be processed within 48 hours of notification. Any items outstanding longer than this period to be raised with supervisor.
- 100% of all company meetings are allocated to the Responsible Investment team within ProxyExchange.
- All reconciliations of entitlements to be checked against custodian until resolved. Any outstanding issues to be raised with supervisor.
- EMiR and MiFIR transaction reporting are checked and recorded on a daily basis whilst ensuring that any ARM validation errors are fixed within
- Unavista before the Regulator’s deadline of cob on T+1.
- Operate a clear desk policy.
- Ensure that all personal goals are met.
- Excellent understanding of Corporate Actions both mandatory and voluntary events.
- Good understanding of MiFIR and EMiR transaction reporting requirements
- Good knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, including pivot tables.
- Must be pro-active and have good interpersonal skills
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51629
Requisition Number: 1808320