BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Manager, Administration
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) & Work-force Transformation Lead is responsible for overseeing and managing the administrative and financial affairs for the BNY Mellon Technology in Poland. This role advises the Site Executive and Poland Senior Technology Leadership Team on growth plans, Transition/Transformation Projects and Infrastructure readiness to support Poland’s expansion plans across all Technology functions. CAO will directly report to the Head of Technology (HoT) in Poland to deliver the firm’s strategy in Poland.
Key roles and Responsibilities
- Provide direct support to the HoT and Site Executive on all issues related to Technology. Act as a trusted advisor and ensure required infrastructure and logistics are operating at an optimum level to enable business operations on time service delivery
- Ensure all roles and works coming into Poland follows the GDN Control Tower Framework and all the required approvals are in place for all roles/work prior to Go Live. Lead a team of Transition Project Coordinators/Managers by working closely with GDN Control Tower team and ensure Toll Gate governance is rigorously adhered to. Maintain accurate Poland growth numbers and accurate and timely reconciliation of headcount projects is circulated to all key stakeholders
- Guide the Poland and EMEA strategic planning process and work closely together with the GDN Control Tower and Corporate PMO, including overseeing the overall expenses and budget preparation in close collaboration with the HoT, Site Executive, COOs & other parties involved. Drive the development and implementation of a robust set of financial metrics and reporting capabilities on country and business levels. Manage the operating budget; assist in the development of the operating plan. Produce robust client and financial reporting with Poland specific metrics required for the management of the location in partnership with the HoT, COOs and other key parties. Prepare, present, and interpret required major reports and/or communications. Oversee technology initiatives affecting Wroclaw; manage IT or other capital resource allocation. Interpret company policy for employees and enforce company policy and practices
- Lead special projects related to Poland and EMEA growth locations
- In conjunction with Regional Business Partner Groups, ensure the effective delivery of shared service support to local teams. Ensure that robust Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity programs as appropriate are in place and maintained.
- Team management - Lead a team of Project coordinators and Project Managers to ensure smooth execution of Transformation projects. Manage day to day aspects of team management,
- Prudent budget management- Ensure accurate budgeting and rigorous tracking of Poland Technology budget and regularly appraising the Site Executive on budget tracking
- Possess in-depth cross-functional experience in financial services, work-force transformation and management and management information systems.
- Must have demonstrated professional experience in business analysis and project management.
- Must have an expert understanding of how business units integrate within an organization as well as how each area contributes to the overall objectives of the group.
- Have expert knowledge of key business processes and supporting systems and strive to maintain current knowledge of industry best practices.
- Must possess a high level understanding of the competitive landscape, local market dynamics and industry drivers. Keeps abreast of new developments in order to help define the necessary changes to policy and practice.
- Must possess expert analytical skills. Responsible for advanced problem solving and must filter, prioritize, analyze and validate information. Apply expertise and innovation to solve challenging problems.
- Must analyze and resolve issues in a variety of complex situations and diverse activities.
- Must break down strategic priorities and business initiatives into key tasks and be able to influence accountability and processes.
- Develops innovative solutions in a fast changing environment.
- Through this role, the incumbent has a very large, direct impact on the strategic direction and results of BNY Mellon Poland by providing technical expertise and advice to the Wroclaw Executive Committee and monitoring site development on behalf of the Site Executive to ensure
- Must possess superior communication skills in order to manage projects and initiatives across the EMEA region.
- Must convey authority and expertise to effectively direct peers on behalf of the leadership team.
- Be an adept communicator, at ease with consensus-building, negotiation and persuasion and able to leverage relationships across the organization.
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60252
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1808345