BNY Mellon Careers
VP - Architect, Mainframe Application Development (MQ Series / MF)
· Position is for an Architect/Senior Developer for a Mainframe Middleware Infrastructure team. The responsibilities for the team are to support business applications for Mainframe MQ processing in CICS and Batch for both strategic and consulting efforts.
· Team members are in the US as well as off-shore
· Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support.
· Involved in Design of technical infrastructure for applications.
· Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology.
· Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
· Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
· Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools.
· Advocates for change to provide innovative, creating technology solutions as appropriate to meet client needs.
· Responsible for learning and contributing to architecture and developer communities.
· Helps resolve system problems affecting primary applications or across multiple platforms using the appropriate debugging tools and techniques.
· Coordinates coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solution.
· Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
· 8-10 years of experience in systems architecture, analysis and applications program development required; experience in middleware infrastructure and the securities or financial services industry is a plus
· Strong Technical Expertise of the following Mainframe skills: COBOL, MQ Series, CICS, DB2, SQL, JCL, along with FTP, DB2 Stored Procedure, TSO/ISPF, Endevor, Macro-4, Trace Master and ESP Scheduler
· Strong debugging skills are required
· Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel) as well as Visio
· Proficient in design, coding, testing and implementation
· Ability to work independently for assigned objectives
· Strong sense of ownership and perseverance
· Ability to think creatively to achieve efficient legacy solutions.
· Ability to work on both strategic objectives as well as provide daily monitoring and support tasks
· Ability to work with US Team as well as Off-Shore Team
· Ability to provide after-hours support when needed
· Knowledge of Mainframe z/OS System Internals not required but a plus
· Knowledge of Data Communications Internals not required but a plus
· Knowledge of Java not required but a plus
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Internal Jobcode: 45007
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Pershing Domestic-HR06431
Requisition Number: 1808361