BNY Mellon Careers
Deputy CAO, Regional Management Office
The Senior Group Manager, Business Planning & Analysis, manages multiple teams within a business unit responsible for complex initiatives. He/she is responsible for the production and reporting of strategic analytics and conduct of special projects and initiatives that support business operations.
· Serves as an advisor to management, ensuring that teams under their leadership have the right information to make data-driven decisions. Gains an understanding of business unit strategies, objectives, and tactics to assist in developing a comprehensive approach to the analytics, metrics, and reports that will support their decision-making needs.
· In consultation with the supported business, sets priorities for establishing regular reporting and analytical output to support business needs.
· Guides team on complex projects or analyses. Provides technical guidance and leadership on methods and approach.
· Sets priorities for resource allocation, and champions and manages special projects supporting functional or business initiatives that are of importance to the organization.
· Responsible for the management of the Belgium Executive office and associated expenses.
· Responsible for cross- business and cross- functional matters WITHIN the SA/NV and its branches which make the legal entity effective and efficient in the discharge of its purpose within the broader organisation. This includes but is not limited to:
o The organisational structure of the SA/NV and for the accountability framework of those within it ie how decision making happens through collective responsibility (formal governance) and individual accountability.
o Facilitation of the effort to maintain an up to date strategy and risk appetite and articulation/ communication as appropriate to relevant stakeholders.
o Custodian of frameworks (approaches to risk management and control) which need to be uniform ( so they can be effective across a number of businesses/ functions)
o Appropriate policy framework
o Development and execution of a communications plan to serve staff and INeds (keeping them responsibly informed but not drawn into executive matters).
o Engagement, talent and D&I framework to enable and empower desired outcomes for each.
· Responsible for engagement EXTERNAL to the SA/NV and its branches to ensure:
o Leverage of, and alignment with, EMEA region and corporate; SA/NV priorities are understood and resourced.
o Staffs identify with the broader organisation and are affiliated with it.
· Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contributions, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
Oversees managers of multiple teams; responsibilities include coaching, performance management and resource allocation. Responsible for the financial resources of the area, ensuring adherence to budget and management of expenses.
Contributes to the achievement of functional objectives.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
· 10-15 years of total work experience and at least 3-5 years of management experience preferred.
· Key attributes :
o Knowledge of BNY Mellon (or similar firm)
o PTI focused (Revenue and Expense)
o Strategic mind-set
o High level of self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon Investment Services provides a comprehensive range of services that are unrivaled in scale, precision and quality. Our services have the power to enhance transparency, maximize liquidity and mitigate risks.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Job: General Mgmt / Admin
Internal Jobcode: 70153
Organization: EMEA IS REG Change Area Mgmt-HR16447
Requisition Number: 1808402