BNY Mellon Technology
has a mission to provide our business partners with technology-based solutions that enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions maintained on a stable and secure infrastructure, and to provide our employees with the tools and means to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
The Information Security Division (ISD)
develops and maintains the enterprise cybersecurity strategy for BNY Mellon. ISD collaborates with its colleagues across all three lines of defense, including Technology Risk Management, Internal Audit and our businesses and information technology teams. Our emphasis on collaboration
ensures the development and delivery of services that are responsive to the evolving threat landscape and drive value to our customers.
This position is with our Cyber Business Risk Operations Team:
· Develops applications and processes required to accurately and efficiently analyze, track and report on performance of Cyber risk reduction efforts adhering to the BNY Melon framework and models.
· Liaison between technology auditors and internal technical teams to ensure productive outcome of the maturity assessments
· Work as Cyber Analytics expert and deep dive into Cyber security assessments results and create reports/scorecards/dashboards based on the data. Develop an application/process to implement/track the closure of the findings
· Develop functional and technical design documents to migrate/export BNY Mellon Cyber data from one system to another and work independently to implement with minimal supervision.
· Understand the BNY Cyber Risk data from various sources to create models that prioritize the cyber risks.
· Monitors program and project level results for significant deviations and assists with root cause analysis
· Works with all required Information Technology functions in BNY Mellon and groups to effectively plan and execute the project.
· Serves as a liaison between Business and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification.
· Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery in conformance with BNY Mellon software development life cycle methodologies.
· Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Sr. Specialist Project/Program Manager->> Leads and provides some direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications. Manages and oversees the end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of medium to high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization). Directs and controls all work performed within the framework of the Work Structure. Develops detailed project plans and schedules application/infrastructure projects, including goals, risks and resource allocation. Monitors project results for significant deviations. Manages vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments. May provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals. Works with all required Information Technology functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project. May coordinate resources across organizational boundaries. Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial,
8 - 10 years of related project management experience required, experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus.
Cyber Security experience (In-depth knowledge of Cyber Security assessment models / Cyber security risks / Cloud security / DLP etc.) required.
Extensive Database (Oracle, SQL Server, and MS Access) experience required.
Experience is writing complex SQL queries from multiple databases is required.
Programming experience (Java / VB scripting /Perl/XML) required
Extensive SharePoint experience required (building workflows, InfoPath forms, and developing pages) to gather information from multiple teams quickly
Experience with other collaborations tools (Confluence) required
Extensive experience in MS Excel (Macros, VB functions, formulas) required
Related project management in a technology environment with Agile/ Scrum methodologies highly preferred
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Information Security-HR11724 Requisition Number: