BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Analyst, Control (Section Manager - CASS)
Reports directly to Group Manager, Client Asset Control Team (CASS)
Works in close co-operation with the Lines of Business, Project/ Programme Management Teams and Shared Services (Compliance, Audit, Risk, Legal)
- To assist the Group Manager in developing and delivering a variety of Regulatory Control and Risk Monitoring processes for a multitude of Legal Entities across GSP and IMMS. To work closely with Risk, Compliance, Internal and External Auditors and Legal advisors to ensure compliance and adherence to industry regulations and best practice guidelines.
- To monitor Operational work-flows, procedures and related outputs, ensuring accountability and scrutiny of regulatory relevant MI.
- Assist in the development and continual improvement of Management Information reports to ensure data and metrics are relevant and add value.
As a senior member of the team, assist the Group Manager to develop, plan and implement departmental goals and objectives.
- Operational controls and risk mitigants are understood and implemented within the team and the Risk Management Platform.
- Positive feedback received from peers and Operational Section Managers.
- Engagement and Influence of strategic goals across the Client Asset Control Team.
The role involves review activities encompassing the supervision of Control Analysts and people management responsibilities.
- Increase employee understanding within the Client Asset Control Team of the core functional regulatory requirements and business structures across a multitude of Legal Entities.
- Ensure Management Information is clear, current and relevant.
- Timely and accurate escalation of potential risk or control weaknesses to the Group Manager.
Internal Client Service
- Ensure continual high quality services to internal clients ensuring communications are relevant and clear.
- Provide proactive guidance and advice to other members of the Client Asset Control Team.
- Demonstrate high quality output, oversight and engagement.
Management Information and Reporting
Through thorough understanding of the functions performed in the operational areas, continuously refine and improve the monitoring tools to ensure all regulatory risk is understood and addressed across all lines of business.
- Comprehensive reporting suite exists for all relevant Legal Entities.
- Regular interaction with Operational and Shared Service peers in order to maintain understanding of current and future business plans and regulatory requirements.
- Where appropriate or required deputise for Group Manager, provide cover for team deliverables and support other Client Asset Control teams.
- Sole decision making authority as directed by the Group Manager of the team.
- Comfortable with presenting and delivering information at senior management forums or committees.
- External-Industry Regulators, Audit and Legal Council
- Internal- All lines of Business, Legal, Compliance, Project and Programme Management teams.
- Experience across different business lines and functions within Client Service Delivery is preferred.
- Proven track record in the design and implementation of high quality, value added MI that can be tailored to meet the needs of multiple levels of managerial seniority.
- Proven track record in managing and developing small/medium sized teams as a reports to manager.
- Strong understanding of GSP/ IMMS and related systems is desirable
Qualifications and Training
- IAQ desirable but not mandatory (this is not a T&C role)
- Excellent computer skills in particular Excel
Job Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels.
- Proactive in review and analysis of potential areas of risk.
- Attention to detail coupled with the ability to quickly assimilate relevant information.
- Results focused.
- Experience working in a project environment
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 70322
Organization: EMEA CSD Invest Services Ops-HR13904
Requisition Number: 1808457