BNY Mellon Careers
DevOps Developer (Java, J2EE, REST Web Services)
Securities Data Service is a provider of reference and market data to many business lines within BNY Mellon. As part of our Technology Roadmap, we are focused on the modernization, re-engineering, and delivery of our software and hardware components into the Greenfield environment. Candidate will own the development and support of the technology solutions moving to Greenfield. Effort to move to this environment will include hardware upgrades, migration of our Vendor data feeds, and modernization of legacy components. Important part of the future efforts is incorporating resiliency and stability into the existing processes and ensuring they are covered by future development. The candidate must be proactive in finding solutions for existing issues and be able to work well with other development resources, collaborating with internal/offshore and external teams on projects.
Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
- Contributing to and delivering on our modernization and transformation roadmap.
· Migrating legacy code to strategic platforms by designing and developing micro services, cloud based solutions.
· Design/Develop/code end to end distributed technology solutions for BNY Securities Data Services Team.
Specialist Developer->> Provides application software development services or technical support in more complex situations. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data. May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Coordinates coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solution. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- 6-8 yrs. technology experience with 5+ yrs. experience as a technology lead
- Advanced degree in computer science or related discipline. Minimum 5-7 Years’ coding experience required.
- Experience with Vendor Market Data is advantageous. as SMDB interfaces with 24 unique market vendors and sources over 400 daily feeds,
- Exposure to the AIM Software and reference data management as we Integrate GAIN Data Portal application into the Greenfield space and retire sub-systems.
- Development experience in a java web environment (Java, J2EE, REST web services)
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle). Conversant in Big Data / NoSQL (Cassandra, Hadoop, MongoDB, etc.) a plus.
- Experience using DevOps software (Maven, Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Strong communication and risk management skills.
- C++ and ETL knowledge a plus.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments and Web Application Servers.
- A level of domain knowledge in the financial services industry.
- Knowledge / Experience with Agile a plus.
- Experience of test driven development, automated build and testing tools.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45114
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1808487