BNY Mellon Careers
Wealth Manager I
The Wealth Manager I will report directly to the President of Wealth Management Advisory Services with dotted line reporting to the National Director of Portfolio Management (NDPM), and will work closely with Investment Counsellors.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
· In conjunction with team leaders and National Director of Portfolio Management, bring best investment thinking, investment solutions and strategies forward to Canada and IWM teams
· Help team members develop deeper client relationships by implementing our best investment thinking.
· Coordinate and work with relevant teams in the US on key inputs for portfolios, e.g. capital market assumptions, portfolio neutrals, etc.
· Participant in the Canadian Investment Committee and Account Review Group,
· Evaluate GMR approved solutions for applicability to Canadian clients
· Review non-recommended managers and assess alternatives where applicable
· Act as a resource to the client service team for non-recommended managers
· Lead searches of asset classes not available on solutions list or when clients cannot access the recommended solutions
· Develop/source client materials on investment themes
· Develop/source research for the Canadian market
· Work with GMR and client team to develop/maintain client appropriate materials for recommended managers
· Participate in special projects and strategic initiatives as applicable
· Project management working with key partners on bringing appropriate technology to Canada, e.g. BASIS, Navigator
The qualified candidate will have a Bachelor's degree or advanced degree; 3-5 years experience in the investment/fiduciary industry; specialized credentials; CFA and National Graduate Trust School.
The preferred candidate will have at least 5+ years of experience within wealth management or equivalent work experience in the financial services industry. CFA preferred. S/He should have effective communication and investment management skills to drive thought leadership and superior client service to support implementation of investment and wealth management solutions.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the nation's leading wealth managers, BNY Mellon Wealth Management is dedicated to helping individuals, families, planned giving programs, endowments, foundations and other institutions with all of their wealth and investment planning needs. By providing integrated products, services and solutions, we help them capitalize on opportunity while managing risk. Backed by more than two centuries of experience, we understand our clients' needs and deliver customized strategies to help them reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job: Wealth Management
Internal Jobcode: 01262
Organization: International WM-HR09765
Requisition Number: 1808602