BNY Mellon Careers
BNY Mellon Investment Management is one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers. Our business encompasses BNY Mellon's affiliated investment management firms, wealth management organization, and global distribution companies. Our goal is to build and deliver investment and wealth management strategies and solutions to meet our clients’ needs.
Drawing on deep expertise, we collaborate with our clients to tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific requirements. Through our global network we have developed a significant understanding of local requirements. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our teams.
With extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments planned giving programs, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management can help our clients reach their goals.
Under the direction of the Service Director, the Unit Manager will be responsible for supporting, a staff responsible for providing quality service to Institutional clients, by, providing feedback, assessing skills and assigning responsibilities. The individual in this role will be expected to coordinate onboarding efforts for new and existing institutional client relationships as well as the ongoing maintenance of existing institutional client accounts. The Unit Manager will be the central point of contact related to the client contract onboarding process and is responsible for coordinating implementation activities across multiple internal groups – Investments, Trading, Legal & Compliance, Sales, Client Service, Finance, IT and Operations. He or she will also support management with various projects, inclusive of client onboarding, regulatory initiatives and technology deployment.
This position requires an individual who is both self-motivated and detail oriented; a strong communicator who is comfortable interfacing across multiple departments and with individuals at various levels of the organization. The Unit Manager will have regular contact with Portfolio Managers/Client Relationship Mangers, consultants, and clients and will be expected to follow-up on all inquiries in a prompt and thorough manner.
- Provide support to the management team and assists in the development and execution of the department's business plan, adhering to goals in the areas of quality, productivity, and sales
- Establish standard procedures for client onboarding in addition to other departmental procedures, and maintain in accordance with industry best practices
- Understand the onboarding process from all aspects – legal, compliance, operations, investments – and be able to develop strategies to meet varied requirements within a defined timeline
- Develop meaningful relationships with key internal stakeholders through regular communication and strategic programs
- Collaborate with colleagues and multiple internal departments in the efforts of process improvement and maintaining a standard of high quality client service and risk management.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to meet the dynamic needs of our institutional client base and the industry.
- Work as part of a team on projects and support all aspects of the project lifecycle including: research, analysis, requirements and testing
- Present project results, processes, analysis and research to colleagues, clients and senior management
- Build productive client relationships in the effort to increase revenue and maintain assets by analyzing and presenting operational/systems solutions to meet client’s business requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- FINRA Series 6 and 63 licenses in good standing
- At least 1+ years of experience in the financial services industry
- Strong PC skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office applications
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience and/or experience as a Unit Specialist
- Exposure the mutual fund industry
- Experience with Microsoft Access or similar database applications
- A collaborative approach to working with colleagues and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong project management, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communicational skills
- Ability to navigate and thrive in a large, complex global organization.
- Ability to translate visionary ideas into functioning, sustainable processes and initiatives
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-Uniondale
Internal Jobcode: 02032
Job: Asset Management
Organization: IM Infrastructure-HR14826
Requisition Number: 1808646