BNY Mellon Careers
As an integral part of the Complex Accounting & Administration Groups Partnership Accounting team you will:
• Account for hedge fund partnerships and share based entities
• Review and supervise the analysis of trial balances or other financial working papers and reports utilizing various technology resources
• Allocate partnership income/expenses (including new issues, side pockets, side letters etc.)
• Read and interpret fund and legal documents in order to accurately and appropriately execute on client deliverables, process transactions and/or calculate various fees/allocations.
• Compute and account for management and incentive fees (including tiers and hurdles)
• Compute net asset value, (“NAV”) and investor level NAV estimates
• Compute various rates of return
• Review and supervise the preparation of withholding statements, capital roll forwards, and investor statements as needed
• Function as subject matter expert for client, system, and investor accounting processes
• Act as a primary contact point to the Fund Manager for investor accounting related information, and a resource for client and investor accounting inquiries
• Supervise and train staff in providing Partnership Accounting Services
• Supervise and participate in other projects or tasks as necessary
• A bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Accounting degrees preferred
• 5-7 years of total work experience preferred.
• Ability to develop and supervise staff providing alternative partnership accounting services
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word
• Proven client customer service skills
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Attention to detail and organizational skills
• Proven process improvement skills in an operations or customer service role.
• Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Everett
Internal Jobcode: 70508
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: CSD AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1808666