BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist Systems Engineer/Programmer - IT Platform Security Projects
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
Primary work effort will focus on Platform Security and other related IT Platform Security projects, enhancements, and process improvements involving security technology platforms.
Key responsibilities include:
- Installation, configuration, monitoring and response to IT Security platforms.
- Develop and participate in the analysis, planning, design, implementation, and maintenance of software and 3rd party products pertaining to IT platform security environments (Active Directory, LDAP, Linux, Oracle, RSA, SQL Server, UNIX).
- Integrate new software and hardware into the current IT Security platforms.
- Support, refine and document the methodologies, processes, and procedures.
- Evaluate and develop approach to solutions.
- Responsible for planning, creating, maintaining, and delivering user documentation, end-user manuals, training materials, tutorials.
- Responsible for monitoring reports, user requests, issue tracking.
- Responsible for gathering, reporting, and delivering IT Security audit findings.
Sr. Specialist Systems Engineer/Programmer->> Leads the design and development of highly complex application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Conducts and leads analysis to correct systems, applications, software, and hardware that are not compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Works closely with external vendors on large infrastructure engineering projects. Works closely with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Applies IT expertise in strategizing how to best develop infrastructure that will allow development and testing processes to be secure and efficient. Provides input and recommends processes in developing project plans. Monitors project progress and provides regular status reports to management team. Evaluates the effectiveness of the organization's existing infrastructure technology. Stays informed of current industry trends and emerging technologies. Researches and analyzes trends to recommend and implement upgrades that enhance the reliability and efficiency of the IT infrastructure. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of related experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management and Architecture.
- Understanding of IT Security protocols and standards
- Security/System Administrator skills.
- Scripting and programming experience.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to translate technical issues into appropriate audience language.
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral.
- Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45173
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1808715