BNY Mellon Careers
Sales Director - Eagle Investment Systems
Eagle Investment Systems is one of the leading global providers of financial services IT systems providing in-depth solutions covering data management, performance management and investment accounting. As a subsidiary of BNY Mellon, Eagle is in a unique position to continue its success in supporting some of the world’s leading Financial Service Companies through.
Purpose of role
The purpose of the role is to drive the sales process from identification of key prospects, origination of opportunities through to execution of the sales strategy and closing deals within Eagle Investment Systems with particular emphasis on Continental Europe and the Nordics.
Independently evaluates and pursues new business opportunities and client prospects, focusing on responsible business growth that is compliant, of acceptable risk and profitable. Serves in a consultative role to prospects, advising leadership on the best way to achieve their short- and long- term strategic objectives through the firms solutions. Prospects could be advisors, individuals or institutions. In some cases at this level, incumbents follow leads that come in to the organization, versus generating leads themselves. May also pursue advantageous strategic partnerships with third parties in order to better respond to prospects needs.
• Independently evaluates and pursues new business opportunities and client prospects within Continental Europe and the Nordics, focusing on responsible business growth that is compliant, of acceptable risk and profitable. Will have proven expertise and skills to engage with multiple cultures, understand the market, and build relationships with key decision makers, at executive level, across the region.
• Serves in a consultative role to the prospects, advising top leadership on the best way to achieve their short- and long- term strategic objectives through the firms solutions.
• Develop and execute a pro-active client and key influencers calling program in order to build relationships with decision makers with key prospects
• Identify cross sell opportunities and engage across Investment Services and Investment Management to develop end to end solutions for clients/prospects
• Leverage existing relationships to execute against sales plans and collaborate with the sales solutions team to create effective solutions for clients based on a solution orientated sales approach and support enquiries and leads from other business areas and client groups.
• Drive our broader Eagle strategy for the region/ market, contributing to product development based on changing client needs
• Drive all key commercial & risk aspects of the new business cycle, including all legal, financial, compliance and risk aspects of bringing new business into the bank
• Closes new prospects by structuring deals (pricing, contract terms, etc.) that achieve optimal terms for both the client and the firm. Ensures deals are compliant with all regulations. Marshals firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure the most appropriate response to prospect proposals and deal structure.
• Work closely with related teams (RMs, GPS, product) and other firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure all risk management/compliance activities relevant to business development activities are conducted and captured.
• Tracks and reports on business development results for assigned area (geographic, business/industry category, product category, etc.) Builds reports for use by senior leaders that identifies trends, opportunities, potential areas of concern, etc.
• Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
• Financial Services/ Technology experience in particular with the asset owner or asset management sector preferred as is prior experience in a related customer-facing role, Sales Support, Global Capital Markets or Product Management.
• The incumbent will be expected to have an in-depth product knowledge of the middle/back office business with experience of working with Institutional Clients, including Pensions, Insurance and Asset Managers. They should be intimately familiar with all relevant regulatory events and strategic industry issues.
• The ideal candidate would have extensive Sales and/or Relationship Management experience in the middle/back office technology industry, with a proven track record within a technology organisation in successfully growing revenues.
• An in depth understanding of all aspects of the sales lifecycle and a track record for closing deals.
• Detailed understanding of commercial models and financial acumen
• Detailed knowledge of all regulatory, environmental and industry related issues which impact the financial services sector
• As global firm, bi-lingual capabilities are helpful as is an understanding of local/cultural nuances important for client trust.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Corporate Trust
Internal Jobcode: 70021
Organization: Eagle Investment Systems-HR06405
Requisition Number: 1808794