BNY Mellon Careers
Sr Spec, Ben Adm, Strat & Del
To manage all aspects of employee benefits (pension, medical plans, risk insurances) for BeNeLux/Southern Europe and provide local support on Wellbeing initiatives.
• Responsible for design and delivery of contemporary market aligned benefit arrangements to meet business needs in accordance with stated strategic objectives and budgetary commitments.
• Ensure that all benefit programmes and policies are integrated with the BNY Mellon total rewards philosophy and strategic initiatives.
• Manage vendor relationships (including third party outsourced benefits administration), continually assess leverage of scale and analyse benefit outsourcing opportunities, working with Corporate Sourcing on vendor selection.
• Maintain knowledge of local best practice in the design and delivery of benefits and manage external benchmarking for the region.
• Manage procedures and processes to maintain legal/regulatory compliance for all regional plans, liaising with Works Councils as appropriate.
• Work with Payroll, HR Operations and Finance to ensure effective management and co-ordination of benefit cost budgets, liabilities, payments and accruals.
• Manage the effective design and communication of benefit information and develop educational materials.
• Monitor plan claims experience/usage (Medical plans, EAP, Long Term Disability, Death in Service) working with outsourced providers and insurers as appropriate to produce comprehensive metrics.
• Establish and maintain metrics and effective reporting on all aspects of benefit and wellbeing plan participation and cost.
• Manage annual benefit renewal processes.
• Provide ad hoc support on M & A and associated TUPE activities with particular reference to benefit arrangements.
• Provide advice, guidance and support to members of the HR team as appropriate.
Qualifications• Experience as a benefits specialist either in an ‘In-house’ or consultancy role.
• Must demonstrate a sound awareness of current benefits best practice in the region.
• Able to work effectively as part of a remote team with a remote manager.
• Experience of working in a complex matrix managed organisation, possibly a US parented organisation but not necessarily Financial Services Sector.
• Knowledge of computer based benefit platforms an advantage.
• Experience of selecting and managing third party outsourced service providers.
• Fluent French and English essential with Flemish and Dutch preferable.
• Ability to manage and build strong partnership relationships with third party outsourced service providers (pension administration, medical insurance).
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of broader HR implications relevant to this role in (employment law, payroll interfaces, employee communications).
• Tertiary education - graduate or equivalent experience related skills.
• Articulate and numerate with a commercial focus.
• First class interpersonal and relationship management skills.
• Work effectively in an internal consultancy capacity with a focus on client service delivery.
• Excellent meeting presentation skills.
• Proven effective client management and building business relationship skills.
• Good system skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HRIS (Peoplesoft ideal).
• Excellent data management, manipulation, interpretation, analysis and data presentation skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (complex letters, proof reading, employee communications and presentations); report writing skills.
• Effective Project Management skills - able to manage a range of specific projects simultaneously and autonomously to tight deadlines.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Human Resources is invested in helping BNY Mellon achieve business success by building a winning, high-performance culture that stems from great talent, leadership, learning and diversity; and partnering with employees to provide the tools and resources necessary to support successful career growth and help ensure employees' wellbeing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Job: Human Resources
Internal Jobcode: 75006
Organization: HR EMEA-HR16445
Requisition Number: 1808797